OWN PHOTO BOOK

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
How to create own, best photo book?
Did you created any own photo book?
Do you now best book print services?

Reactions: Jack

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I've been tried, and I've some of project of some theme of own books.. they are only still only projects in softwar like finnish - Ifolor.. but they are still not ready for printing.. :D

Own photo book it can be awisome thing..
and yes , it need some of money to print it...
but why not to spend some of money for it? :unsure:

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Late to the thread, but anyways. I created a photo book a month ago, a real high quality one in fact. A printer was having a promotion, where they wanted people on social media to review their high-end photobooks.

You entered providing your social media account and if they liked your photos they gave you a 100ā‚¬ voucher, valid for their highest quality photobook line. You would actually be able to get a book completely for free with this voucher. The catch, they asked you to showcase it on the social media site you provided and give a honest review.

I entered, not expecting to be selected, as I'm really new to photography and Instagram and have only a small amount of followers. They actually selected me.

So I made a book. I actually splurged and opted for the most premium of premium books, acrylic print as cover, really thick almost carton like paper, leather binding and paid 30 bucks in addition to the voucher. I wasn't required to do this but I wanted to, because I wanted the cover picture as acrylic print anyways.

I also did soft proof my pictures for print using paper profiles, something I've never done before, but it paid off in my opinion and once you know the drill it's not that hard.

I'll just link the review post I did here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Oh I already use photo web site for books, but just for wedding, or just for us after holidays ... I never try with my macro pictures ! I didn't know that Amazon did this, i must watch ^^

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I just try, i'm amazon prime so I got unlimited storage, great ^^ thx for tips Jack Jack , but nothing for print :(

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Late to the thread, but anyways. I created a photo book a month ago, a real high quality one in fact. A printer was having a promotion, where they wanted people on social media to review their high-end photobooks.

You entered providing your social media account and if they liked your photos they gave you a 100ā‚¬ voucher, valid for their highest quality photobook line. You would actually be able to get a book completely for free with this voucher. The catch, they asked you to showcase it on the social media site you provided and give a honest review.

I entered, not expecting to be selected, as I'm really new to photography and Instagram and have only a small amount of followers. They actually selected me.

So I made a book. I actually splurged and opted for the most premium of premium books, acrylic print as cover, really thick almost carton like paper, leather binding and paid 30 bucks in addition to the voucher. I wasn't required to do this but I wanted to, because I wanted the cover picture as acrylic print anyways.

I also did soft proof my pictures for print using paper profiles, something I've never done before, but it paid off in my opinion and once you know the drill it's not that hard.

I'll just link the review post I did here:
Instagram Photo Book Review

sounds very intresting Baenki Baenki .
I',m still have in plan make own photo book print and lot of projects ;)
i got today some of prints I ordered.. , it's alwys nice ;)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I did not tried yet to build own photo book, but yes, it's sounds good idea. And I'm sure that is not cheap as well. Baenki Baenki , these days I don't believe much on IG and FB, as they are focused on quantity, but it's good place to promote yourself, apart from that, I stopped to share my images months ago.