Wildlife Parrots

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Life in wild, images made outdoors in the wild, example wild animals, and tropic places. Showing the life of these animals in that way how they are living their lives.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
This afternoon a man i know had 2 of his parrots out and took them to the field next to his house. I made a few photos of them. I don't have much experience with shooting parrots so i tried my best to make something out of it. Did edit the photos a bit, but not sure if i did not do too much sharpening. What do you think?

DSC04036a.jpg

DSC04044a.jpg

DSC04009a.jpg

DSC04028a.jpg

DSC04014a.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
These turned out great! The sharpening looks good to me. I dont see any dark halos which is a tell sign of oversharpening. Do you add any masking with your LR sharpening?:

sharpmask.jpg
I love the colours and poses, some neat compositions too. You did a great job on the edits. The first 2 are my favourite. May I borrow the third and fifth RAW file?, they are good examples for a guide I'm doing.

Reactions: TMG1961

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I think you did a wonderful job TMG1961, the close up shots are detailed with nice bokeh, and the sharpening is not too much.
Great colours, and it looks like the parrots were willing models.
Nicely done.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
These turned out great! The sharpening looks good to me. I dont see any dark halos which is a tell sign of oversharpening. Do you add any masking with your LR sharpening?:

View attachment 21684
I love the colours and poses, some neat compositions too. You did a great job on the edits. The first 2 are my favourite. May I borrow the third and fifth RAW file?, they are good examples for a guide I'm doing.
I havent done any masking. Would need to read up on that first before knowing what it does. I will uploaded all the files to a folder on my google drive. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uc7snYQVVxrVgI1kqfK4apFzu4WS9nT0?usp=sharing

Reactions: Chavezshutter

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Beautiful parrots šŸ˜. I think the sharpness is just right.

View attachment 21684

I think you did a wonderful job TMG1961, the close up shots are detailed with nice bokeh, and the sharpening is not too much.
Great colours, and it looks like the parrots were willing models.
Nicely done.
Thank you. Was lucky i passed them on my way back home with Pixie. Still need to work a bit on the camera settings when shooting them but am very happy the way they turned out.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I havent done any masking. Would need to read up on that first before knowing what it does. I will uploaded all the files to a folder on my google drive. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uc7snYQVVxrVgI1kqfK4apFzu4WS9nT0?usp=sharing
Thank you very much for the files. As for sharpening masking, try holding down the ALT key while sliding the Masking slider, whatever is white is being sharpened, whatever is black is not being sharpened, slide the slider until most of the white is only on the edges of your image rather than white everywhere, this will improve your LR sharpening quite a bit, let me know if you try it šŸ˜€

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Thank you very much for the files. As for sharpening masking, try holding down the ALT key while sliding the Masking slider, whatever is white is being sharpened, whatever is black is not being sharpened, slide the slider until most of the white is only on the edges of your image rather than white everywhere, this will improve your LR sharpening quite a bit, let me know if you try it šŸ˜€
I will try it out. Forgot to mention that the photos were taken with the Sony 55-210 f/4.5-6.3 aps-c kitlens on my Sony a7rii.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I will try it out. Forgot to mention that the photos were taken with the Sony 55-210 f/4.5-6.3 aps-c kitlens on my Sony a7rii.
You did a great job with the kitlens. I should clarify - "..until most of the white is only on the edges of your image" means until the white is on the outlines and defined edges of the subjects in your image - not the edge of the frame. Sorry for the confusion

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
You did a great job with the kitlens. I should clarify - "..until most of the white is only on the edges of your image" means until the white is on the outlines and defined edges of the subjects in your image - not the edge of the frame. Sorry for the confusion
No problem, understood what you meant by it. Have to play around with it a bit to get the hang of it.

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter