Peacock Feathers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I expected a few feathers, you got a good chunk of the bird in šŸ˜†, is this a real bird or model, toy? I'm trying to work out the scale of it šŸ˜‚. The photo itself is very nice, the iridescent colours are as always very beautiful, light gradient is nice, lots of nice textures and focus looks good too.

Reactions: lovitazoe

Lazarito305

Feb 8, 2022
I expected a few feathers, you got a good chunk of the bird in šŸ˜†, is this a real bird or model, toy? I'm trying to work out the scale of it šŸ˜‚. The photo itself is very nice, the iridescent colours are as always very beautiful, light gradient is nice, lots of nice textures and focus looks good too.
It's a real bird. I went out with the wife and kid the other day, and I saw a beautiful peacock in front of us. I had my camera with the 90mm lens I wanted to experiment with the 90mm so I took a photo from the side and I liked the results. I wanted to share with you guys.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Its a very nice photo thanks for sharing and if you have more, by all means feel welcome to share more. I get into all types of photography myself and post the odd astro or landscape here too. I do have to move the thread however as it its not a macro photo, I have moved it into miscellanious. This of course begs the question - What is a macro photo? Which doesnt have a simple answer, strictly speaking macro should be no less than 1:1 magnification (ie, the size of the object in real life is the same size of the object in the sensor) but that is a technical definition of what macro is rather than what we term as macro in the forum, making everyone shoot at 1:1 or more would be a bit silly and way too restrictive. A general guide I can give is if you're shooting something further than arms length its probably not macro but this is a very loose guide that doesnt factor in all the variables, the biggest one of which would be focal range of lens being used and sensor size. Let me know if you have any questions.

Lazarito305

Feb 8, 2022
Its a very nice photo thanks for sharing and if you have more, by all means feel welcome to share more. I get into all types of photography myself and post the odd astro or landscape here too. I do have to move the thread however as it its not a macro photo, I have moved it into miscellanious. This of course begs the question - What is a macro photo? Which doesnt have a simple answer, strictly speaking macro should be no less than 1:1 magnification (ie, the size of the object in real life is the same size of the object in the sensor) but that is a technical definition of what macro is rather than what we term as macro in the forum, making everyone shoot at 1:1 or more would be a bit silly and way too restrictive. A general guide I can give is if you're shooting something further than arms length its probably not macro but this is a very loose guide that doesnt factor in all the variables, the biggest one of which would be focal range of lens being used and sensor size. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry if I posted the wrong material.