Phones vs Cameras

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
A topic for general discussion.

What do you think, are phones will replace professional cameras in the future?

Reactions: lovitazoe

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
No. However, I do think image quality will increase with phones over the years, and peoples creativity with them is amazing sometimes. But I don't think they will ever be better than a good camera and decent glass for taking photo's, and the sensor size will always be a challenge.
Peoples perception of photography might change though, as more and more people post images online from phones and they become the normal, acceptable standard that we all get used to.

Reactions: lovitazoe and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No. However, I do think image quality will increase with phones over the years, and peoples creativity with them is amazing sometimes. But I don't think they will ever be better than a good camera and decent glass for taking photo's, and the sensor size will always be a challenge.
Peoples perception of photography might change though, as more and more people post images online from phones and they become the normal, acceptable standard that we all get used to.

I do agree with you, sometimes I see photos which are really as good as the one taken with a camera. However, once you decide to print the photo or view it from the bigger screen, the difference between photos will be visible.

I do see some good pictures taken with photo on our forum as well, but still ,these are phone photography.

The creativity is not limited, but the quality is very limited. As you said due of sensor size and glass.

Shiny

Apr 25, 2022
No, I don't think they will. Apart from image quality until phones can reliably do focus stacking, good telephoto images and off camera flash big cameras are safe. I'm sure there are more things but those are the big things I use a camera for.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No, I don't think they will. Apart from image quality until phones can reliably do focus stacking, good telephoto images and off camera flash big cameras are safe. I'm sure there are more things but those are the big things I use a camera for.

Maybe they might create some kind of adapters in the future, so you can use your telephoto lens on the phone, I would love to see that :D

Reactions: lovitazoe