Begginer Photo signature

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member opened a beginner discussion, do give the best advice and tips regarding the topic subject.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I’ve seen some photographers here on forum that uses very interesting and unique handwriting copyright signature, are you using a site to generate one of that ?

H3AdBaBY

Oct 12, 2021
I do not feel the need to watermark my images nor do I like seeing images branded with someones name no matter how stylish. That's just my personal opinion. If someone else feels differently then by all means go for it. I'm not selling anything, I'm not attempting to develop a business, I'm just enjoying photography and sharing my images in the hope that other might enjoy them as well.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I do not feel the need to watermark my images nor do I like seeing images branded with someones name no matter how stylish. That's just my personal opinion. If someone else feels differently then by all means go for it. I'm not selling anything, I'm not attempting to develop a business, I'm just enjoying photography and sharing my images in the hope that other might enjoy them as well.
That's down to personal preferences I believe. How about using these watermark to protect your images from stealing?

Reactions: H3AdBaBY

H3AdBaBY

Oct 12, 2021
Well, my take on this is that I know how to use Photoshop. I can remove watermarks and signature logos so well you never know they were there. If I can do it, there are bound to be many more people in the world who can do the same to my images.

In the early days I did have a ghosted logo I used but I felt it detracted from the composition of the image and I stopped using it. I don't post high resolution images and even if I did, I can't imaging anyone would ever want to steal one. Besides, if you like my photo enought to steal it, just ask me and I'll likely provide a high res copy.

Reactions: Jack

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I dont use watermarks myself for anything I put online, my take on this is similar to H3AdBaBY H3AdBaBY , if someone really wants to steal one of my images there is not much that can be done to stop it but it doesn't matter too much for many reasons, first of all anything that has been posted online never matches the quality of the original (compression, jpeg, sRGB,etc), secondly any work done in the past should be surpassed by my newer skills and experience - I should be able to not only match but improve a shot done in the past. I do check up online from time to time to see if my IG photos appear anywhere. There are a few sites that can help do this, I use https://my.pixsy.com/

In the past if I have been commissioned to do photos, I watermark the photos I present to the customer during the concept/brainstorming phase. More for business sense than anything else.

Reactions: Jack and H3AdBaBY

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I watermark my images for branding purposes really, nothing to do with anti-theft measures. I designed my own using handwriting fonts I liked and a vector camera logo I designed in Affinity designer. I just add this in Photoshop or Lightroom when I have finished processing the image.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I put my signature on most of my photos because I get tired of people asking if it was taken by me. 😆 I try to make them not stand out too much. I choose fonts from my files where I have downloaded and installed some that I like.
I really don't mind at all seeing someone's branding or signature on photos, unless it is so large or obtrusive that it takes my eye away from the image.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I used signatures years ago but not anymore. It's not worth the effort. I never have seen someone who has stolen any of my pictures nor has anybody asked me about it. I mean I'm posting my pictures on FB, Insta, 500px and YouPic but then it's clear who's the owner. Apart from that I don't think that someone would steal FB pictures nor any copies from 500px or YouPic. Both platforms have download restrictions and so you can only make a snapshot of the picture which doesn't make sense at all.

Reactions: Jack and H3AdBaBY

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I also guess depending where you upload and share these images. I do agree that in Photoshop you can delete and adjust any logos from any photos. However, if the photo is low quality, there's no big point to waste that time.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I watermark my images for branding purposes really, nothing to do with anti-theft measures. I designed my own using handwriting fonts I liked and a vector camera logo I designed in Affinity designer. I just add this in Photoshop or Lightroom when I have finished processing the image.
That's interesting, would love to see some examples of these fonts.