Begginer Photo signature

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member opened a beginner discussion, do give the best advice and tips regarding the topic subject.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I used signatures years ago but not anymore. It's not worth the effort. I never have seen someone who has stolen any of my pictures nor has anybody asked me about it. I mean I'm posting my pictures on FB, Insta, 500px and YouPic but then it's clear who's the owner. Apart from that I don't think that someone would steal FB pictures nor any copies from 500px or YouPic. Both platforms have download restrictions and so you can only make a snapshot of the picture which doesn't make sense at all.
I believe you can stil download any images from facebook. But probably won't be original size, most likely compressed version.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I put my signature on most of my photos because I get tired of people asking if it was taken by me. 😆 I try to make them not stand out too much. I choose fonts from my files where I have downloaded and installed some that I like.
I really don't mind at all seeing someone's branding or signature on photos, unless it is so large or obtrusive that it takes my eye away from the image.
There must be a lot of people who asked you if pictures are taken by you 😂. That also means, that other people are stealing images from other photographers. 🤔

Reactions: Tina Boes

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
There must be a lot of people who asked you if pictures are taken by you 😂. That also means, that other people are stealing images from other photographers. 🤔
This used to happen on facebook, people asking me if it was taken by me. There is so much sharing of items going on that it's difficult for people to know who to give kudos to. I could probably stop branding my photos at this point as they pretty much know I took the photo unless I say otherwise.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
This used to happen on facebook, people asking me if it was taken by me. There is so much sharing of items going on that it's difficult for people to know who to give kudos to. I could probably stop branding my photos at this point as they pretty much know I took the photo unless I say otherwise.
You should definitely build your own portfolio website and share images through the website. This way you don't have to use watermark.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I used signatures years ago but not anymore. It's not worth the effort. I never have seen someone who has stolen any of my pictures nor has anybody asked me about it. I mean I'm posting my pictures on FB, Insta, 500px and YouPic but then it's clear who's the owner. Apart from that I don't think that someone would steal FB pictures nor any copies from 500px or YouPic. Both platforms have download restrictions and so you can only make a snapshot of the picture which doesn't make sense at all.
Yes, you can. But only resized with a lower quality.

Reactions: Jack

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I watermark my images for branding purposes really, nothing to do with anti-theft measures. I designed my own using handwriting fonts I liked and a vector camera logo I designed in Affinity designer. I just add this in Photoshop or Lightroom when I have finished processing the image.
I just downloaded the fonts from creativebooster.net, they have a heap of free fonts in many different styles.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
you can't do much with resized photo, is not even worth bothering to download it.