Details Photo sizing using Lightroom Export

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member wants the photo details to be corrected, adjusted or fixed due to blur present on the image.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Okay, I am STILL struggling with this photo sizing to upload photos. I cannot seem to get my photos to not be SOOOO large in a post and I've tried every setting in that export box that I have can find.
What are you all using to export and get your photos a reasonable viewing size in a post? Are you using the long edge, short edge options or the megapixels option, resize to fit...etc. etc.?
I need help with this as if I am brand new to the subject.
One of the things I do not like about Helicon Focus is that it changes my export box and I have to start all over again with settings. If I save a preset for my .jpegs I cannot change file names or anything else.
What am I doing wrong? o_O
Such as this one, it's huge. My export box settings follow it:

Underside of Mushroom cap 2.jpg

export box.jpg

Photo Permission
  1. Yes, I do give permission

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I usually just transferred my photos from camera to my gadgets via WiFi. The size is automatically small.

Reactions: Tina Boes

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

Hmm this is a bit confusing.... The size of the file is 1200px wide 800px tall and file size is only 364kb, which is quite small and well below the 5MB file size limit here at Macroderie. As a comparison - the last photo I uploaded was 3872px wide 2581px tall at filesize 3.9MB.

Here is my export settings I use to export from LR: snip.JPG

I suspect your issue may be with the sizing the photo is shown within your posts, if so the size can be changed by dragging one of the blue squares at a corner of the photo which appear once you have uploaded the photo, this will make the image smaller or larger within the post.
Hope it helps, let me know how you go šŸ˜ƒ

Cheers

• Smiling Face

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I cannot post a screenshot of my setting because I'm in the office but I would do it either like explained by Chavezshutter Chavezshutter OR by reducing the size by 50% (that's what I do). I've a lot of presets even for Helicon because I export my photos to Helicon as TIFF files. Hopefully I can remind this post when I'm back home to post my settings.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.