Photography photography on hold

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I haven't been out taking photos for a little while now. it is just too warm here, today 33C. Also not much insects this year, seems like they are all on vacation in a cooler climate. Even early morning after the morning walk with the dog it is already too warm for me to go out and take photos. And in the evening it still too warm, still 30C around 8pm and not going down much.

Do you go out for photos in the summer heat or do you also take a break?

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Its always hot here in Thailand TMG1961, all year round so no break for me :)
Sometimes I go out and catch bugs, then put them in the fridge for a few hours while I set up a nice indoor shooting scene. They are quite docile usually after they have cooled off in the fridge, so I can take a few images inside the house and then let them go.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Its always hot here in Thailand TMG1961, all year round so no break for me :)
Sometimes I go out and catch bugs, then put them in the fridge for a few hours while I set up a nice indoor shooting scene. They are quite docile usually after they have cooled off in the fridge, so I can take a few images inside the house and then let them go.
But you get used to the heat after a while. Here it is 30+ for a few days and then it is 10 degrees colder again and then hot again. It keeps changing all the time so your body does not have time to adapt to the hot weather. I lived on Curacao for a year and after a few weeks i didn't have a problem with the hot weather.

Reactions: Andy Smith

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Oh dear...I saw from the news the heatwave is very bad in Europe. Hope everything go back to normal again šŸ˜Ÿ. Same like Andy, in Singapore the heat is quite consistent everyday too. So I used to with the heat but not with cold. No break until the laziness & busy schedule catch me.

Reactions: TMG1961