Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
What do you think of them? Adobe has just introduced them last year at the Adobe Max Conference. Have you used them and do you have a favourite? [HASH=786]#Adobe[/HASH] [HASH=790]#Photoshop[/HASH] [HASH=794]#NeuralFilters[/HASH] [HASH=808]#Experimental[/HASH] [HASH=836]#AdobeMaxConference[/HASH]
IMG_7324_c_ds_nf.jpg
IMG_7355_c_ds_nf.jpg

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
The two top are examples of extreme filter manipulations but you can use them to accentuate your focal point object. But using these filters, does it mean it is no longer a photograph and just digital art? Or is it just super cheating at its highest?
Original:
IMG_7222_c_ds.jpg
Filter:
IMG_7222_c_ds_nf2.jpg

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Mhh.. where is the border between normal "post processing" and artifical editing? It depends for sure on the point of view, doesn't it.
Personally I don't like the filter which you've used for your pictures Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek but that's a matter of taste.

Your second post looks for me like what I would call normal post-processing but the color shift is hard at the limit.

I use filters very rarely and only for artifical pictures like my flower artworks.

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Mhh.. where is the border between normal "post processing" and artifical editing? It depends for sure on the point of view, doesn't it.
Personally I don't like the filter which you've used for your pictures Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek but that's a matter of taste.

Your second post looks for me like what I would call normal post-processing but the color shift is hard at the limit.

I use filters very rarely and only for artifical pictures like my flower artworks.
Just wanted to start a discussion on filters/editing and the blurry line of what is too far where it is no longer a photograph but has become digital artwork. For me, my preference is not to use filters or corrections in my photos I mostly I like to show what the camera and I capture. It is similar to old film processing and the art of dodging and burning to get your desired look but is it now your art and not what you saw in your view finder. Have you changed the perfect moment in time because you interceded and created what you thought was the better picture. With computers we can put an elephant trunk on a giraffe and call it enhancement, art, photography?