Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
ISO 200
1/125
8X

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
Very impressive!
The Lomo lens is quite good! I had a look in ebay. How did you mount it on the extension tubes?
Did you make a diy tweak rcorteschile rcorteschile ?
Thanks panos_adgr panos_adgr! I mounted the lens using an RMS to M42 adapter, then use M42 extension tubes, and M42 to EOS extension tubes for a total of 160mm from the base of the lens to the sensor plane. All bought in Aliexpress. This setup gave me better results than using only M42 tubes adapted to my camera.

Reactions: panos_adgr

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
You can even see all details from the dust particles and every facets from the eye. Unbelievable magnification.
Reminds me on the "Medienbunker" photography. What about the stability of all your extensions? Is it stable enough or is there any risk that the lens shakes because of tolerances or instability?

Reactions: rcorteschile

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
You can even see all details from the dust particles and every facets from the eye. Unbelievable magnification.
Reminds me on the "Medienbunker" photography. What about the stability of all your extensions? Is it stable enough or is there any risk that the lens shakes because of tolerances or instability?
Thanks Helix_2648 Helix_2648! I am soo far from Medienbunker quality! I had issues using continuous light with longer exposure times and automated rail, so I switched to flashes, and use a high speed (1/125) to freeze any minor movement.