Your opinion? Popsicle Spring

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
Hi everyone,
Here is a colorful one - just fresh out of the camera, taken this evening before the curfew.
Best wishes.

p.s. it's a transparent burnet.

View attachment 13409
Excellent! Really nice sharpness and positioning. The bug really stands out.

Are you looking for these opportunities or are you editing the pictures? You do have your unique style.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Yohanna_D

MikeB

May 16, 2021
Stunning image but I cannot help wondering if flipping the image horizontally and cropping to a rule-of-thirds composition would not make the image stand out even more...

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
Stunning image but I cannot help wondering if flipping the image horizontally and cropping to a rule-of-thirds composition would not make the image stand out even more...
That could certainly work as well, but it would change the image in its core: now itā€™s a little bug in a big green world, vulnerable and in solitude.
The magnification could present him better in his fine details - but he would look downward and the formerly big space around him shrinks and is reduced to a pleasant green backdrop.

But these are only my initial thoughts.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
Here is a colorful one - just fresh out of the camera, taken this evening before the curfew.
Best wishes.

p.s. it's a transparent burnet.

View attachment 13409
Excellent! Really nice sharpness and positioning. The bug really stands out.

Are you looking for these opportunities or are you editing the pictures? You do have your unique style.
thank you for your feedback; the background is original; the only thing I do in photoshop editing is just amp up the colors - saturation, vibrance and contrast :) other than that, nothing else changed :)

Reactions: Vimes

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
That could certainly work as well, but it would change the image in its core: now itā€™s a little bug in a big green world, vulnerable and in solitude.
The magnification could present him better in his fine details - but he would look downward and the formerly big space around him shrinks and is reduced to a pleasant green backdrop.

But these are only my initial thoughts.
You totally understood my approach on this photo; and the 1/3 rule is not something to abide by automatically;
and by the way, just seen a small documentary about this rule that before 1797 it never existed; it was made up by an artist that thought it would be pleasing to the eye; however the greatest artists - painters and photographers never used it - really ;)
So I tend to let this rule slide away as much as I can ;)

Reactions: Vimes

MikeB

May 16, 2021
I'm re-reading my initial comment and it does not mention anything about any "magnification" so I'm a bit confused by your almost defensive answer.
You totally understood my approach on this photo; and the 1/3 rule is not something to abide by automatically;
and by the way, just seen a small documentary about this rule that before 1797 it never existed; it was made up by an artist that thought it would be pleasing to the eye; however the greatest artists - painters and photographers never used it - really ;)
Sorry, I mistakenly read "The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic." which I thought invited me to comment freely, not get into any right/wrong discussion. I will not make that mistake again with your posts, I promise you.

• Wow

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
I'm re-reading my initial comment and it does not mention anything about any "magnification" so I'm a bit confused by your almost defensive answer.
Sorry, I mistakenly read "The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic." which I thought invited me to comment freely, not get into any right/wrong discussion. I will not make that mistake again with your posts, I promise you.
Sorry if my reply offended you. That was not my intention.

Just to clarify: when you crop into the picture, donā€™t you magnify the remaining content? Maybe I overestimated the amount of crop yo had in mind.

Please donā€™t stay away from giving your opinion in the future, your view is well appreciated.