Want critique Portrait of a flying - hummingbird -....!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Nice photo 😃. It must be hard to capture a moving subject like this. Did you use tripod or handheld?
It looks like a moth to me.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Good action shot, framing is better in this with the whole subject and even a nice flower to go with it 😊. It does look more like a moth (мотылек?) to me too and not like a hummingbird (колибри) but that doesnt matter. Nice colours but I do need to ask you, are you using flash for these shots? The freezing power of a flash would help you get sharp photos with less motion blur at lower shutterspeeds and still keep ISO low. You can even make wings completely freeze with the right flashpower and shutterspeed.

StreSV

Jan 22, 2022
Nice photo 😃. It must be hard to capture a moving subject like this. Did you use tripod or handheld?
It looks like a moth to me.
Thank you very much for the score... This is the fastest butterfly in the world Macroglossum stellatarum
Linnaeus, 1758 - flight speed = over 55 km/h... I only remove them from my hand, since they have to run a lot with the camera...!!!!

• Smiling Face
Reactions: lovitazoe

StreSV

Jan 22, 2022
Good action shot, framing is better in this with the whole subject and even a nice flower to go with it 😊. It does look more like a moth (мотылек?) to me too and not like a hummingbird (колибри) but that doesnt matter. Nice colours but I do need to ask you, are you using flash for these shots? The freezing power of a flash would help you get sharp photos with less motion blur at lower shutterspeeds and still keep ISO low. You can even make wings completely freeze with the right flashpower and shutterspeed.
Thank you very much for the score... This is the fastest butterfly in the world Macroglossum stellatarum
Linnaeus, 1758 - flight speed = over 55 km/h... I only remove them from my hand, since they have to run a lot with the camera...!!!! In Russia, this butterfly is called the "Russian caliber." The butterfly also hovers above the flower when it eats nectar..... The flash I never use as it has a lot of problems.... and even in the evening I take off without a flash to get natural colors at sunset....

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter