Want critique Portrait of a flying wasp...!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Nice capture, not easy getting a insect in flight in focus. Good job doing this with a bridge camera. The framing is a little awkward, I think you need the whole wasp body in the frame, otherwise you can be more selective with what you include to make the crop look more on purpose. Colours are good, sharpness is pretty good too. Good job 👍

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Not bad photo. But personally I would prefer to see the whole subject in the frame. Also there are some out of focus spots in the photo.

That's already been said by Chavezshutter Chavezshutter above..

Feel free to share more images StreSV StreSV

StreSV

Jan 22, 2022
Nice capture, not easy getting a insect in flight in focus. Good job doing this with a bridge camera. The framing is a little awkward, I think you need the whole wasp body in the frame, otherwise you can be more selective with what you include to make the crop look more on purpose. Colours are good, sharpness is pretty good too. Good job 👍
In this photo, the front of the wasp was specially shot in focus with 3 centimeters... actually it hurts biting... do not repeat please such my bitter experiments.....!!!!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
In this photo, the front of the wasp was specially shot in focus with 3 centimeters... actually it hurts biting... do not repeat please such my bitter experiments.....!!!!
Haha, I do believe you. It happened to me too. 😁, so I know your feelings.

StreSV

Jan 22, 2022
Not bad photo. But personally I would prefer to see the whole subject in the frame. Also there are some out of focus spots in the photo.

That's already been said by Chavezshutter Chavezshutter above..

Feel free to share more images StreSV StreSV
A special close-up was shot - a portrait of a flying Wasp with 3 cm.... - do you not see that the wasp is flying??? what focus can you even talk about....??? Show how to - and I will see how you will make the whole Wasp in focus with 3 cm...!!!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
A special close-up was shot - a portrait of a flying Wasp with 3 cm.... - do you not see that the wasp is flying??? what focus can you even talk about....??? Show how to - and I will see how you will make the whole Wasp in focus with 3 cm...!!!
I know what you saying. I'm not really into insects shooting, but more static objects, like jewelleries. You probably can achieve more details by using a diffuser. But yes, if the insect was flying, it's really hard to get that.

Craigo79

Jan 17, 2022
I see you have almost done the almost impossible. Nice work. Shame its not the whole wasp but hey when you can grab an image you grab it. I have tried this and it is very hard. Maybe if I keep trying I will nail that shot I am after.