Your opinion? Praying mantis

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXIF
f36, 1/320, iso100
D

Deleted member 310

Hi Shan Shan I love this bug, I've only seen it once, I've uploaded your picture, I'll comment on it later. ;)

Reactions: Shan
D

Deleted member 310

Shan Shan I think you should play with the night flash contrast by accentuating it, it would allow you to bring your subject to the forefront.
I also retouched the white balance, to accentuate the blue side of the night, and darken the insect to soften the flash. ;)

It ' a great photo (y)

praying mantis1- chakkarbundh - 12x19-7423.jpg

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
Shan Shan I think you should play with the night flash contrast by accentuating it, it would allow you to bring your subject to the forefront.
I also retouched the white balance, to accentuate the blue side of the night, and darken the insect to soften the flash. ;)

It ' a great photo (y)

View attachment 5120
i see what you have done and i appreciate it. However my idea of keeping the contrast to the minimum was to display how well the insect blends with the background. The loss of sharpness and the overall effect as evidently displayed in your interpretations was (and in most cases is) beyond my capabilities. Thank you so much

D

Deleted member 310

i see what you have done and i appreciate it. However my idea of keeping the contrast to the minimum was to display how well the insect blends with the background. The loss of sharpness and the overall effect as evidently displayed in your interpretations was (and in most cases is) beyond my capabilities. Thank you so much
I see what you mean, my treatment is the opposite of what you thought, I wanted to highlight the bug, and you wanted to show stealth.
two different treatments show a completely different picture, I like (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.