Your opinion? Quarantined

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D850
Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D
s 1/100
f/3.2
iso 64
AWB
Handheld
+2 Close Up filter

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Quarantined

Closed in an undefined space of circumstances. Not known of the closure ending...

This photo was taken during the first lockdown in Spring 2020.
Although it was a time period of worry uncertainty and fear, it worked out quite creatively for me. I devoted almost all of my time in photography, either studying or experimenting indoors.

This photo was a successful and creative result of experimentation. The setup was easy and the light was natural daylight coming from the window.
The monochromatic presentation enhances the feel of the image. A photo with frame in frame, texture contrast and negative / positive space exchange.

Quarantined _01.JPG

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Interesting and really creative image. For my taste the dept of field is to shallow. (Would be nice to see how it looks with an old book page folded like that with mostly in or just a little bit out of focus lines )

Reactions: panos_adgr

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hello my dear!
WOW! What a picture! It hypnotise me fully 🤩😍. Beautiful and very creative, outstanding picture 🙏
For me you could be locked down by long to create so beautiful pictures 🤩😍🤭. Although I love your abstracts taken in botanic garden and landscapes too ,locked down situation just inspirate you for something new, and it's fine 😎🙏😉
Great job, just continue that way my dear panos_adgr panos_adgr 😎

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Very creative photo here panos_adgr panos_adgr . Very shallow depth of field as Bihari Bihari already mentioned. I would try to make the background black behind the dandelion, but this probably is lot of headache. Apart from that love it.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Interesting and really creative image. For my taste the dept of field is to shallow. (Would be nice to see how it looks with an old book page folded like that with mostly in or just a little bit out of focus lines )
Thank you dear friend Bihari Bihari

For the comment on depth of field.
I used f/3.2 which was far from the f/1.8 of the lens. I wanted to focus on the edge of the page to the dandelion. It is a semi abstract image and as I mentioned above it is a frame in a frame with a rather minimalistic and subtractive approach, composition wise. As it is now composed and created, the viewers eye goes on the dandelion flower with the help of the leading lines of the folded page that opens on the top where the flower is placed. If a smaller aperture was chosen then it would add in focus detail, as you mentioned, that would include the letters and phrases of the page of the book drawing the eye away of the main subject to the phrases and letters of the book as well as details from the backround. This would create a 'noisy' image with no needed distracting 'information' ruining the balance of the photo and creating confusion. It would help the subject to stand out.

The main subject of the photo is the dandelion and the composition was created to focus the eye of the viewer on the dandelion with the use of leading lines and negative space (space of folded space with dark tones) in balance with positive space (space of bright backround petween the folded page and behind the flower).

I understand the thought as personal taste, but behind each composition there are elements and choices that implement a result from a different and subjective in any case P.O.V. identified by the pesronal aesthetic of its creator.

I really like this kind of comments! Thank you again!;):)

Reactions: Bihari

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Very creative approach which reminds me a bit to a dandelion in a light bulb. I really like the contrasts and minimal aspects.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Hello my dear!
WOW! What a picture! It hypnotise me fully 🤩😍. Beautiful and very creative, outstanding picture 🙏
For me you could be locked down by long to create so beautiful pictures 🤩😍🤭. Although I love your abstracts taken in botanic garden and landscapes too ,locked down situation just inspirate you for something new, and it's fine 😎🙏😉
Great job, just continue that way my dear panos_adgr panos_adgr 😎

Thank you very much Natalia! Always kind! I hope I'll get some inspiration and do some new stuff.

Very creative photo here panos_adgr panos_adgr . Very shallow depth of field as Bihari Bihari already mentioned. I would try to make the background black behind the dandelion, but this probably is lot of headache. Apart from that love it.

Thank you Jack.
Behind the dandelion was the window curtain and view. It would make no sense and it would be very 'noisy'.

Wow! What a great capture and image. Your photos are true artwork attesting to the beauty of nature panos_adgr panos_adgr always a great joy to see your work.

Thank you very much dear Greg!

Very interresting and beautifull picture ! great job ^^

Thank you very much. I was experimenting and it came out good.

Very creative approach which reminds me a bit to a dandelion in a light bulb. I really like the contrasts and minimal aspects.

Nice interpretation of the image. This is the point. Each viewer perceives it his or hers personal view. This is good!