Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Want critique 

Red Palm Weevil

Hi all, I came across a dead red palm weevil in the garden and thought I would use it for practice. Canon R5, MP-65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro (@1x magnification), RRS macro rail, Canon Twin lite MT-26EX-RT Flash - f/10.0, 1/80th, ISO 100.
The image is 60 images, stacked in Affinity Photo, then processed in Photoshop.
It's a shame the weevil was already dead as there is a little decomposing happening, and the white objects in the eyes are ticks. Good practice anyway.

Attachments

• Red Palm Weevil_01_2048 long edge.jpg
    Red Palm Weevil_01_2048 long edge.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 20
Hi, I was born in Mansfield, UK and have spent most of my adult life living and working across the Middle East and Asia. I recently decided to resign from working in Dubai, where I have spent the past 30 years, to spend more time at home with...
View all 11 featured items

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Hi all, I came across a dead red palm weevil in the garden and thought I would use it for practice. Canon R5, MP-65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro (@1x magnification), RRS macro rail, Canon Twin lite MT-26EX-RT Flash - f/10.0, 1/80th, ISO 100.
The image is 60 images, stacked in Affinity Photo, then processed in Photoshop.
It's a shame the weevil was already dead as there is a little decomposing happening, and the white objects in the eyes are ticks. Good practice anyway.
I really like how you placed it for the photo shoot, and the detail on the legs is great. The colors are really nice too. Good find!

Reactions: Andy Smith

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
A pity that the insect was already dead but on the other hand you wouldn't be able to take such a stack with a living subject! The photo is awesome! The details and especially the colors are just gorgeous! :love:

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
A pity that the insect was already dead but on the other hand you wouldn't be able to take such a stack with a living subject! The photo is awesome! The details and especially the colors are just gorgeous! :love:
Hi Helix, yeah it would have been tough live, but then again I would not have tried to stack so many images for a living subject, rather take around 5-10 fast images and only stack some of those if needed.