Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Robber Fly

A stack of 40 images, using Affinity Photo for the stacking and Photoshop for the processing.
Canon R5, Canon MP-E65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro, Canon MT-26EX-RT twin lite flash,
f/8.0, 1/125, ISO 100

robber fly side_001_2048.jpg

Hi, I was born in Mansfield, UK and have spent most of my adult life living and working across the Middle East and Asia. I recently decided to resign from working in Dubai, where I have spent the past 30 years, to spend more time at home with...
View all 11 featured items

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
    Rating:   5.00 star(s)
Gorgeous photo Andy, very detailed and sharp photo. Maybe you can share your technique how you achieve such a detailed picture.

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Gorgeous photo Andy, very detailed and sharp photo. Maybe you can share your technique how you achieve such a detailed picture.
Thanks Jack, no special technique to be honest.
Just using a macro lens that can go from 1x to 5x, a good macro rail, and a decent lighting set up.
I will post some shots of my simple set up next time I do some imaging and a brief explanation to help anyone on the learning curve.

• Love
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks Jack, no special technique to be honest.
Just using a macro lens that can go from 1x to 5x, a good macro rail, and a decent lighting set up.
I will post some shots of my simple set up next time I do some imaging and a brief explanation to help anyone on the learning curve.

That will be great. You can showcase your set up here

And share any tips to resources page :)

Reactions: Andy Smith