Others Rotterdam by night

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
EXIF
E-M1MarkII, Olympus 12-40mmf/2.8, 4.sec, iso64, f/3.2,
Sirui N-3203X with a Sirui K-20X headset

Ron Westbroek

1 2
Apr 21, 2020
Once a year I go to Rotterdam with some photo friends in the spring to do evening photography.
Here you can see a part of the Rotterdam skyline with the Erasmus Bridge.
This photo is from last year, this year we wanted to go again but we have not been through the Corona yet, maybe we are going in the autumn.
Coincidentally, the bridge also opened on this evening and it was also a full moon.
How lucky you can be, it was a very successful evening.
Here you see one that I converted to black and white

Erasmusbrug Rotterdamzw .jpg

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi! Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek ,

Although looks to be a bit broken the quallity of the image by the forum webside probably..,is great image Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek , lovely climat on the picture and the moment when the brigh is raised up ! :), and the editing to the BW, really well done! Great long exposture, I can see it by the river\s water, lovely job!

I like to shoot the long night exposures :love: 🥳 , here is able again in end of August when white nights will end here in Oulu ;)

Thanks for sharing the lovely picture and part of the Amsterdam soul to touching and dreaming :love:🤩
do you have more pictures from Amsterdam? ;)

And have lovely, photo friends it\s just like win lottery 🤩, I have them here in Oulu too :)
But we will see, will be able one day to go for photo walk with the forum\s members 🤩🥳 :);)

Reactions: Karl and Jack

Ron Westbroek

1 2
Apr 21, 2020
For long exposure, you have any filters ?
Yes, i have that.
Stealth Gear Wide Range Pro Filter Standard Holder
10-stop gray filter, also known as a big-stopper
100mm- ND8 (0.9) hard
100mmND4 (0.4) hard
100mmND4 (0.6) reversed.
But it is now also in my new camera, in steps of [ND2 (1EV)]: 1/30 s [ND4 (2EV)]: 1/15 s [ND8 (3EV)]: 1/8 s [ND16 (4EV) )]: 1/4 s [ND32 (5EV)]: 1/2 s
Only I still have to try this program from the weekend we go to the coast.

Ron Westbroek

1 2
Apr 21, 2020
Amazing picture Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek. I'm asking myself how you can take such a sharp picture from front to back with an aperture of f/3.2. Is it a single sot? The soft blurry water caused by the longer exposure looks really dreamy and gives the special "kick" to the picture... as well as the full moon.
Thanks Helix_2648 Helix_2648
Olympus has a high resolution mode
In High Res Shot Mode, the Olympus takes eight shots in quick succession, with the sensor shifting half a pixel at a time.
Then you immediately have a photo of 70mb
Saving all that information takes a few seconds.
And with a shutter speed of 4sec that takes a few minutes.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Thank you nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo
And indeed the web does not make it more beautiful on other sites
It is not Amsterdam but Rotterdam. (y)
You have polar lights and we don't;)
I also like long exposures, especially with water and clouds.

Yes, my mistake Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek , I read Rotterdam, I don't know why I wrote the Amsterdam 😀.

Yeah I have in autumn again possibles to hunting Northern lights, Auroras with my camera again , now is season for Arctic summer nights- white nights- light like at day 😆. But nice for shooting landscapes 😉
I need to find my filters and try again to shoot on the sea long exposures 😆.

Reactions: Karl

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
Once a year I go to Rotterdam with some photo friends in the spring to do evening photography.
Here you can see a part of the Rotterdam skyline with the Erasmus Bridge.
This photo is from last year, this year we wanted to go again but we have not been through the Corona yet, maybe we are going in the autumn.
Coincidentally, the bridge also opened on this evening and it was also a full moon.
How lucky you can be, it was a very successful evening.
Here you see one that I converted to black and white

View attachment 5138
Dat is lang geleden dat ik deze brug gezien heb. Mooie foto Ron

Reactions: Ron Westbroek