Want critique Same hoverfly form different situations.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Nikon D5200
1/200 ISO640
Flash used 1/8

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello Bihari Bihari , thanks for sharing it . That’s great image with great colours , however the bottom legs are a bit out of focus . Also , did you edited image with an photoshop action ? As in my opinion is to much saturation.

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Hello Bihari Bihari , thanks for sharing it . That’s great image with great colours , however the bottom legs are a bit out of focus . Also , did you edited image with an photoshop action ? As in my opinion is to much saturation.
Thank you I will try to work on my focusing skills :)
Yes it is an older pictures of mine but back then I just start to learn how to use the flash and on this picture I killed some of the color and I try to bring it back whit an editor.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you I will try to work on my focusing skills :)
Yes it is an older pictures of mine but back then I just start to learn how to use the flash and on this picture I killed some of the color and I try to bring it back whit an editor.

You are welcome Bihari Bihari . In macro photography flash does play a very important role. what editor are you using ?

Quick note, when uploading images in forum, you can use small image icon, which will upload the picture directly on our server.

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
You are welcome Bihari Bihari . In macro photography flash does play a very important role. what editor are you using ?

Quick note, when uploading images in forum, you can use small image icon, which will upload the picture directly on our server.
Lightroom on my phone 😅 (I know it is my bad.)

Reactions: Jack

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Very nice composition Bihari Bihari ! 🙂
How long time have you been shooting macros? Do you like just macros or anothers kind of Photography too?
I started at January when I bought the Oshiro macro lens 😁 occasionally I use my 18-140mm for trips or walk around. Around a month ago I was lucky enough to buy 2 vintage lens for £10 (Helios 44M and a Hoya HMC 135mm) so I started shooting portraits of my wife and some Bokeh hunting some times ☺

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The picture is not bad Bihari Bihari. Maybe some smaller improvements here and there but all in all it's a great picture. So first of all I would try to reduce a bit the saturataion a bit. The rest is just learning by doing

Reactions: Bihari

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I started at January when I bought the Oshiro macro lens 😁 occasionally I use my 18-140mm for trips or walk around. Around a month ago I was lucky enough to buy 2 vintage lens for £10 (Helios 44M and a Hoya HMC 135mm) so I started shooting portraits of my wife and some Bokeh hunting some times ☺

Sounds great Bihari Bihari ;) , here on the forum is one more Helios lens fun panos_adgr panos_adgr ;)
I like to shoot almost everything :D. portrais are great if find good models ;)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

I would recommend to use a proper software for retouching images, on your phone you won’t be able to access all functions and features, and you are limited .