Scam victim

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello. Nowadays when technology is so different from what it was 10 years ago, is more easier to become a victim of scam or fraud. Recently my amazon account has been compromised and someone ordered a gift card from my account without authorisation.

Even my icloud email is compromised now. And have been added to a list of bulk spam which now I can't stop that. Luckily I'm using 2 step verifications for important sites, like this forum, banks or hosting company.

Does anyone had same issue or been a victim of fraud?

Craigo79

Jan 17, 2022
Sorry to see you have been scammed. Someone in China got hold of my bank card details a couple of years ago and emptied my bank account. Luckily I flagged it with my bank and eventually got my money back. At the time I was already homeless and that just did not help my situation.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hello. Nowadays when technology is so different from what it was 10 years ago, is more easier to become a victim of scam or fraud. Recently my amazon account has been compromised and someone ordered a gift card from my account without authorisation.

Even my icloud email is compromised now. And have been added to a list of bulk spam which now I can't stop that. Luckily I'm using 2 step verifications for important sites, like this forum, banks or hosting company.

Does anyone had same issue or been a victim of fraud?

Oh so sad to hear that!
I had just one problem with my old Instagram profile that was hacked and cancelled, almost two years ago I needed to create the new one after all...and now looks to be ok and IG has been improved security from this time 🙏

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Sorry to see you have been scammed. Someone in China got hold of my bank card details a couple of years ago and emptied my bank account. Luckily I flagged it with my bank and eventually got my money back. At the time I was already homeless and that just did not help my situation.
You lucky to get money back, some people who got scammed never got money back. Probably depends on the bank and in what country you live. I'm very careful nowadays where and what I'm sharing online.

And how someone from China can have your bank details, that's miles away from Australia.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Oh so sad to hear that!
I had just one problem with my old Instagram profile that was hacked and cancelled, almost two years ago I needed to create the new one after all...and now looks to be ok and IG has been improved security from this time 🙏

Security is a must. Even on this forum, security is high. So you can set up verification code to login on your account. Obviously Macroderie is not a bank account, but still is a personal account which the security must be highly set.

Craigo79

Jan 17, 2022
You lucky to get money back, some people who got scammed never got money back. Probably depends on the bank and in what country you live. I'm very careful nowadays where and what I'm sharing online.

And how someone from China can have your bank details, that's miles away from Australia.
They had all of the numbers the bank told me. But they acted fast cancelled my card and I got my money back thankfully.

• Wow

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
They had all of the numbers the bank told me. But they acted fast cancelled my card and I got my money back thankfully.
But how they had your numbers? You can't really know someone's bank details unless you see them.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Sorry to hear about about your issue. I've been lucky and have not had anything too serious occur. I do use a VPN for my banking transactions, apart from the extra security of the VPN it also makes it so my banking passwords are not typed via keyboard which a good thing. Nothing is 100% hack proof but VPN does help and adds extra layers of security.

Last edited:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Sorry to hear about about your issue. I've been lucky and have not had anything too serious occur. I do use a VPN for my banking transactions, apart from the extra security of the VPN it also makes it so my banking passwords are not typed via keyboard which a good thing. Nothing is 100% hack proof but VPN does help and adds extra layers of security.
Spot on, nothing is 100% secure . I don’t really have issues with bank cards. But have issues with password, I have around 50 websites where I’m using same password :D