Photography Selling on stock images website

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello all.

Is anyone here is selling images on stock websites? Just wondering if it's worth the time and effort.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi Jack,
I don't sell to stock websites, but I do get my images published through entering photo competitions. The only time I was suppose to be paid was by an art gallery in your home town of London for using one of my photos but they didn't finalize the payment ... oh well, I not in this to get paid, I am doing this for the love of nature. Publishing & payment it just an added bonus if it happens

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi Jack,
I don't sell to stock websites, but I do get my images published through entering photo competitions. The only time I was suppose to be paid was by an art gallery in your home town of London for using one of my photos but they didn't finalize the payment ... oh well, I not in this to get paid, I am doing this for the love of nature. Publishing & payment it just an added bonus if it happens
I do have some images published on stock images websites, but I don't think that can pay off much. So far 1 photo has been sold and I received 0.25$ , that's funny. Do you find these competitions on internet ?

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi Jack,
Yes I come across the competitions here & there on the internet & there are annual magazine comps I participate in regularly

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I am wondering too. It would be great if somebody can share their experiences about this. I've registered on Alamy but never posted anything.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I am wondering too. It would be great if somebody can share their experiences about this. I've registered on Alamy but never posted anything.
I have around 100 uploaded images there posted, and an other 300 waiting to post. Not sure if that will work at all, taking in consideration the huge amount of pictures uploaded daily by other photographers. But you also never know.

Reactions: lovitazoe

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I sell a few images every month on FreePik.com
Not a huge income but around 10 cents per image, so a few quid each month for not much effort to be honest, and I uploaded a lot of images that were just sitting on my HDD doing nothing.
If you sign up, please use the following link so I can get bonus points for referrals.. :)

Reactions: lovitazoe and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Not a huge income but around 10 cents per image, so a few quid each month for not much effort to be honest, and I uploaded a lot of images that were just sitting on my HDD doing nothing.
If you sign up, please use the following link so I can get bonus points for referrals.. :)

Definitely Andy Smith Andy Smith . How many images have you uploaded? I tried shutterstock and getty images, so have didn't made anything.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021

They allow only so many uploads depending on your contributor level. I can now upload 500 images at a time. I have 80 published at the moment with 17 awaiting revision. I had 108 rejections also, but they are good as they tell you why they were rejected. I am in the process of processing a lot more images also, but it is something for nothing really if you have a library of decent pics. I think Shutterstock & Getty have so many contributors, it is difficult to sell on those platforms.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

That's freepik, I clicked the link and realised that I'm already a member. A bit funny that most of banners which are used on forum , I purchased them from there. I didn't knew that you can sell stock images as well. I thought, the site is more for designers.

Reactions: Andy Smith