Photography Selling on stock images website

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I tried to upload some of my photos on Shutterstock.com, but that isn't worth the effort at all because you earn too less money with it. Most customers buys a contingent of 200 or more pictures and you earn 0,25€ for a sold photo! And they don't transfer the money until you've earned 100 Euros!

Reactions: Rene Rufer and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I tried to upload some of my photos on Shutterstock.com, but that isn't worth the effort at all because you earn too less money with it. Most customers buys a contingent of 200 or more pictures and you earn 0,25€ for a sold photo! And they don't transfer the money until you've earned 100 Euros!
Alright, then that's a dead end. I might try what Andy Smith Andy Smith suggested. Maybe some luck there. No planning to earn millions, but a few £ a month I don't mind.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Freepik has a similar pay scheme where they don't transfer funds until you reach a certain amount, it may be 100 euros also but I am not 100% sure on that.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
but then means you may wait a year untill you reach that amount.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
[CQ='Andy Smith, c: 2965, m: 2006'][/CQ] but then means you may wait a year untill you reach that amount.
It all depends on how many images you sell, I don't worry about it as it will never be a main income but more like a bit of a bonus that drops every so often. upload & forget really.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
It all depends on how many images you sell, I don't worry about it as it will never be a main income but more like a bit of a bonus that drops every so often. upload & forget really.
Agree, probably depends on how good are these images too. Do you have to put certain amount of tags as well?

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I think you can put unto around 50 tags, but no minimum. Tags are useful if you get them right as that what people search for usually.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
are those tags are automatically, or you have to write them down manually?

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
You put your own tags Jack. I usually automate the input from Lightroom, as I have sets of tags set up for different subjects (and just manually add extras if needed). The tags & title of the images needs to be in the Metadata so I find Lightroom easiest for my workflow. Its a pain initially to get this set up, as you have to type it all manually but once done it makes life a lot easier.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
is that within Lightroom? As I never checked for tags. I'm also not sure how useful they are for image metadata.