Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX DG OS HSM Makro

Compatible
Nikon, Canon, Sigma
Ideal
Macro, Portraits, Travel
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
I have been using this lens for over 5 years on a Nikon D90, then on a D7500.
I find it very efficient from an optical point of view. I had tested before buying the Nikon 105 macro, and the quality of the photos is equivalent. The price difference made me choose the Sigma.
It has two weak points, its plastic construction while the Nikon is more solid, and the slowness of its focusing. But this second point is less annoying in macro photography since I focus more often manually.

Reactions: Bihari and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have been using this lens for over 5 years on a Nikon D90, then on a D7500.
I find it very efficient from an optical point of view. I had tested before buying the Nikon 105 macro, and the quality of the photos is equivalent. The price difference made me choose the Sigma.
It has two weak points, its plastic construction while the Nikon is more solid, and the slowness of its focusing. But this second point is less annoying in macro photography since I focus more often manually.

Thanks for feedback, you can reviews this lens here L Leraymurat

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Has the latest version of this lens an internal or external focus? Should mean if the tube comes out of the housing during focusing or not (like the 100mm macro lens from Canon). I have read a lot of comments about this lens. Mostly positive but sometimes also negative.

Reactions: Jack