Your opinion? Slime mold (Comatricha nigra)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi there,

it's time for slime molds again! These ones are about 2-3mm tall. I found it end of October on a wet branch.
This is by the way the first picture which I've taken with my new Laowa f/2,8 2,5-5x lens (magnification 4,5X).

It's a stack of 60 picture with a manual macro rail.

Wollkugelschleimpilz (Comatricha nigra).jpg

The lens is just amazing! You can even see me in the reflection of one of the slime molds!

#Slimemolds #Comatricha #Forest #Nature #ExtremeMacro #Laowa #Stack

Have fun,
Jörg

Calopteryx

Nov 25, 2021
Wow that looks awesome, great stack! What aperture did you use? I've been looking for slime molds myself this fall, but no luck.
I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with the Laowa, it's my favourite lens to use. The image quality is just amazing.

Reactions: Helix_2648

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Wow that looks awesome, great stack! What aperture did you use? I've been looking for slime molds myself this fall, but no luck.
I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with the Laowa, it's my favourite lens to use. The image quality is just amazing.
I'm not sure... I guess it was f/3.2 or f/4. Something around...

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
That looks fantastic! I love the texture differences between the shiny ones and the dry one, all of your slime shots are great but this lens really emphasis the tiny size they are even more and I'm quite impressed by it. The molds remind me a bit of cute forest spirts I saw in a Japanese anime I saw a long time ago. Very nice stack, super sharp, detailed and clean. Well done!

Last edited:

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Just Wow. Perfect focus on the dark shiny ones. I went to singing: "Wouldn't you like to fly in my slimy mold balloon".....