Your opinion? Small Fossil Rocks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I'm working on these small fossil rocks for a friend. They aren't the best specimens, but he loves his little collection. :)
Nikon D7100, ISO100, F/5.6, 1/30 sec., 85mm macro lens manual focus with focusing rail, tripod, continuous lighting, on black glass, stacked photos totaling 46.
Fossil rocks.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Beautiful rocks, amazing shapes and textures. Great idea using the glass too for the reflection. Nice job with the stack. A tiny bump up in light may help bring out the fine details but its very minor, overall its a great image, well done👍

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
That's a FORTY SIX photo stack? Wow! Well done. Love the composition, and the reflection really makes it (y)

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Beautiful rocks, amazing shapes and textures. Great idea using the glass too for the reflection. Nice job with the stack. A tiny bump up in light may help bring out the fine details but its very minor, overall its a great image, well done👍
Thank you so much. I will bump up the exposure just a tad more and see what the result is. :)

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
That's a FORTY SIX photo stack? Wow! Well done. Love the composition, and the reflection really makes it (y)
That's great! The light and the reflections are just perfect! 😀🙂

Thanks guys! Yes, there were 46 photos there. I used the focusing rail in tiny little increments to be sure I got all the details of each rock in focus. I think the Helicon focus software did a very nice job on this one. No real soft areas or ghosting.

• Love
Reactions: Dangerspouse