Social network - Forum

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi ! I saw many times this kind of discussion on different threads.
So I wanna talk with you about social networks, and forum, differences and
what is good, bad ...

For many of us, I saw social networks, is a place where we searching for "like" , no discussion ...
I tried yesterday, posting on facebook macro group, a picture of water drop, and asking advices.
So, todays the post get 20 likes, and 1 answer ... :LOL::ROFLMAO::eek:

I know If I post the same thread with the same question here, I will get more answers and good advices ^^ I don't care about "likes" if my goal is to get advices and answers ^^:giggle::love:

Personally, I'm on Facebook, instagram, Gurushot and the forum, and the place where i spend much more time is the forum ^^ Cause this is very interesting and constructive.šŸ¤“šŸ¤©

I hope you'll share what you think about it here.
What are pros-cons between forum ans social network ?

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi ! I saw many times this kind of discussion on different threads.
So I wanna talk with you about social networks, and forum, differences and
what is good, bad ...

For many of us, I saw social networks, is a place where we searching for "like" , no discussion ...
I tried yesterday, posting on facebook macro group, a picture of water drop, and asking advices.
So, todays the post get 20 likes, and 1 answer ... :LOL::ROFLMAO::eek:

I know If I post the same thread with the same question here, I will get more answers and good advices ^^ I don't care about "likes" if my goal is to get advices and answers ^^:giggle::love:

Personally, I'm on Facebook, instagram, Gurushot and the forum, and the place where i spend much more time is the forum ^^ Cause this is very interesting and constructive.šŸ¤“šŸ¤©

I hope you'll share what you think about it here.
What are pros-cons between forum ans social network ?

I can just fully agree with you Greg Greg šŸ˜‰

• Grinning Face
Reactions: Greg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Both are designed for different purposes. However nowadays you still can have groups on social medias They wonā€™t replace any soon a real forum, from simple reason that social media is not made and designed from that, taking in consideration lack of functions , and is not well organised for that, in other hand social media sites are very popular because are easy to use, and you donā€™t need to be top tech to drop a image there, and these groups are very easy to create.

Forums are more harder to grow, taking in consideration expenses, maintenance, Spamm checking , moderating ,functions, and other site problems, a lot of people donā€™t even think to open one, unless are very serious in their niche, donā€™t forget about advertising, which is a small fee as well. Depending on site niche.

I prefer more forums, due of its functions, possibilities, how organised can be made (. Here depending on admin), and privacy . There are more to be added definitely. Younger generations wonā€™t know what forum is, because all they know are social media. But building and growing a great forum, takes years, when making a Facebook Group takes little time.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I like Facebook to discuss and talk on real time.
But i love forum for sharing a specific thing like macro.
I didn't like forum cause it's not really easy to use, but here i like it cause I took time to appreciate it and use it ^^
As i said before, I made a test by posting a picture on a big macro FB group, asking something at the same time, and the result is : 24 likes , 1 bad answer ... A know if I do that on the forum, i will get good advices ^^

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I like Facebook to discuss and talk on real time.
But i love forum for sharing a specific thing like macro.
I didn't like forum cause it's not really easy to use, but here i like it cause I took time to appreciate it and use it ^^
As i said before, I made a test by posting a picture on a big macro FB group, asking something at the same time, and the result is : 24 likes , 1 bad answer ... A know if I do that on the forum, i will get good advices ^^

Yes, Social media links are very easy to communicate and discuss about own things. Also social medias arenā€™t focused on quality, they are focused on quantity, and Facebook is one of them. One more thing which I hate , all adverts on there, they are just too many. Facebook is not as it use to be before, is a business platform.

Sharing a photo on Facebook, I found that in couple of minutes gets lost, unless you happy to scroll down all day, where on forums you can find it easily .

each platform has advantages and disadvantages. to be honest, if I knew how much work is required, than I wouldnā€™t open this forum. Itā€™s massive work, especially from beginning

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Yes, most of the time FB is not constructive ... You post a picture, you have many likes but no commentaries ... On a forum it's more constructive, members can ask you somethings, put commentaries, and create constructive and interesting discussions

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Yes, most of the time FB is not constructive ... You post a picture, you have many likes but no commentaries ... On a forum it's more constructive, members can ask you somethings, put commentaries, and create constructive and interesting discussions

But people are different and they choice what they think they need. What I found is people from social media are very less likely that they will enjoy forums.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I saw those king of thnigs when i start invitation from good macro photographer on Instagram ... Most of them answered that they don't like forum cause it's not easy to use as social network ... They prefere to just post pictures and see how many like they will earn ... nothing interesting and constructive ...

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I saw those king of thnigs when i start invitation from good macro photographer on Instagram ... Most of them answered that they don't like forum cause it's not easy to use as social network ... They prefere to just post pictures and see how many like they will earn ... nothing interesting and constructive ...

As I said depends what people are looking, these who are looking for answers, and constructive feedback they might choose forums, but these who are looking for likes and followers than definitely social media as there are over 2.7 millions users on facebook. When forums tend to be way way more smaller. But as I said, a lot depending of how admin does administrate the forum.

I tried to make this forum as user friendly as possible.

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
I was in a facebook group devoted to macro and proxiphoto. Many of the photos that were posted there were nothing interesting and often were technically wrong! Here, I only find quality, in the subjects, the images and especially the comments!
It is true that at the beginning, I had some difficulties to adapt to the operation and the interface, but in the end, I gave up the facebook group to come here more and more often!