Soft for image editing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
THE LIGHTROOM CLASSIC CC, :love: :love: :love: :love:
btw, it will be nice to try something different too :geek:

and how to didn't like USA , when they do so an amazing job,
especially ADOBE
to take my life and hobby easy and so nice :love::love::love:

Althoug MY LOVE, LIGHTROOM IS TAKEN IN IRLAND :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1587902166327.png

MikeB

May 16, 2021
What software you usually recommending to use for editing raw images? I was using PS, but it's getting a bit expensive.
PS itself is not raw editing software (it uses Adobe Camera Raw or ACR as a plugin to convert images). I know a lot of people swear by it but I have transitioned to a fully open-source (and therefore free) workflow 15 years ago. Back then, software was pretty clunky but now it sometimes outperforms commercial offerings.

Just similar to using ACR from within PS to convert raw images, I use Darktable both standalone as well as plugin from within Gimp. Occasionally I also use Rawtherapee/ART f.i. for pixelshift images which DT does not handle very well. Darktable, Rawtherapee and Gimp are available on all OS platforms and are of course entirely free and open.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
What software you usually recommending to use for editing raw images? I was using PS, but it's getting a bit expensive.
PS itself is not raw editing software (it uses Adobe Camera Raw or ACR as a plugin to convert images). I know a lot of people swear by it but I have transitioned to a fully open-source (and therefore free) workflow 15 years ago. Back then, software was pretty clunky but now it sometimes outperforms commercial offerings.

Just similar to using ACR from within PS to convert raw images, I use Darktable both standalone as well as plugin from within Gimp. Occasionally I also use Rawtherapee/ART f.i. for pixelshift images which DT does not handle very well. Darktable, Rawtherapee and Gimp are available on all OS platforms and are of course entirely free and open.
So do you still use Lightroom?