Soft for image editing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

piotr

Apr 22, 2021
If that's your thing, fine, why not? Just good to be aware of other powerful options out there...
That's fine. Yes it is possible to get quite good software for free. And I'm ok with this. But, as I wrote, £9/month is practically nothing for me and I've got really good tools. More. I remember 'the old, good days' when you need to spend (monthly) a lot of money for films, developing and prints ( yes, I'm that old ;)). And it was much much more than £9 a month and no-one complained. And I just like to work with Lightroom - it's just my choice. So if anyone can/want pay monthly then why not. If not - there's a lot of other options.

Reactions: Jack and MikeB

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
If that's your thing, fine, why not? Just good to be aware of other powerful options out there...
That's fine. Yes it is possible to get quite good software for free. And I'm ok with this. But, as I wrote, £9/month is practically nothing for me and I've got really good tools. More. I remember 'the old, good days' when you need to spend (monthly) a lot of money for films, developing and prints ( yes, I'm that old ;)). And it was much much more than £9 a month and no-one complained. And I just like to work with Lightroom - it's just my choice. So if anyone can/want pay monthly then why not. If not - there's a lot of other options.
Highly agree, but there are also lots of free softwares which does the same thing. But honestly, is down to the photographer , what software to use for retouching images.

H3AdBaBY

Oct 12, 2021
What about Affinity software?
I’m using Affinity Photo on iPad. It is quite well developed and a very strong Photoshop competitor. Affinity has a free trial available for Windows and Mac, so give it a go if you are curious.

My current setup consists of a 2018 12.9" iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, Magic Keyboard, and Magic Mouse II. After a good bit of research and trying different apps I finally found a workflow that suites me. I use RAW Power for my culling, rating, and RAW processing. RAW Power is an iOS and MacOS program created by the former lead developer for Apple's Aperture and fills the role formerly occupied by Lightroom. Although it is not yet quite as full-featured as Lightroom I find I prefer the more streamlined approach. I can do all my RAW processing in RAW Power and if I want to do more extensive editing I can simply open the file in Affinity Photo. This is analogous to using Lightroom and opening the image in Photoshop. Same thing only better. The current versions of Lightroom and Photoshop for iPad leave quite a bit to be desired. With photo editing in mind, I purchased my iPad Pro in 2018 primarily due to the promises from Adobe that Lightroom and Photoshop for iPad were "coming soon". Three years later I'm done waiting. There are much better options available at a much lower cost. For me, that translates into better images, and breaking free of the monthly subscription seriously improves my photography budget.

Reactions: Jack