Your opinion? Solitary bee

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Not bad ! A bit blurry :( maybe need a higher speed
You may be right. This was at 125/sec at f10 with fill in flash and IS. I usually try to get the right expósure and use flash only as a fill-in for shadows. I agree, it's not one of my best images, but I posted it more for the interesting insect.

Reactions: Greg

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
You may be right. This was at 125/sec at f10 with fill in flash and IS. I usually try to get the right expósure and use flash only as a fill-in for shadows. I agree, it's not one of my best images, but I posted it more for the interesting insect.
Even if I agree to Greg Greg it doesn't mean that it's not a good picture. You've to zoom in to see the blurry areas so it doesn't affect the overall image quality as long as you don't want to print it to A0.

Reactions: Desc1234 and Greg

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Even if I agree to Greg Greg it doesn't mean that it's not a good picture. You've to zoom in to see the blurry areas so it doesn't affect the overall image quality as long as you don't want to print it to A0.
Thank you, Helix 2648 :) As I say, I know it's not one of my best images, although I've never seen this insect before, which is why I thought I'd post it. I thought it was a very pretty little critter.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you, Jack :) Yes, the blur is probably lack of DOF, even though this was at F10. I hope I can get stacking under my thumb before next season.

It's not that bad anyway, it's just a bit of blur in my opinion. Apart from that, looks sharp and I also there is no noise on the photo.

Reactions: Desc1234