Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek That is great news. I love these little guys, they are always in a foul mood but yet they are quite cute. Even when they are happy gnawing into bones they make these sounds that only be described as what sounds like aggressive snorts and sounds yet apparently these are the happy noises :LOL:, basically their sounds go from angry grunts to all out berzerk, there is no chill with these guys. At night they make a huge raucous and pretty chilling/creepy sounds, you can hear why they got their name, it would frighten anyone to hear those noises in the middle of Tasmania's wilderness at dark. They once did exist here in Australia's mainland but now are only found in Tasmania, the geographic article cites that human may have been the cause due to early humans hunting out the existing megafauna. I agree that humans had a hand in the Tasmanian devils dissapearing from mainland Australia no doubt, but it is also well known here that introduced predator species like the dingo as well as competition from other more effecient predators had a far greater impact on their numbers.

It would be fantastic to see these guys in numbers back in OZ, thanks for sharing the article, I had not seen this.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Me too but I'm afraid that I won't be able to be able to pay the costs for such a travel.
Austrialia is such an amazing and beautiful continent... so different to Europe!

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek