Music Song Recommendation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Let's talk about music, pop, jazz and others.

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
Speaking of Kill Bill 2, I just remembered that another song in the movie that has become my favorite Halloween song. Since that holiday is just around the corner I thought I'd mention it. If you've never heard it before, give a listen to Shivaree doing "Goodnight Moon". Creepy lyrics and a catchy production!
You like ballads? Try this one from Korean artist Younha. She sang it in both Korean and Japanese, as the theme song for a TV series that played in both countries. She has a voice and delivery that at times is reminiscent of Norah Jones. It's called "Until the Morning Comes". This is the Japanese language one.

I've always thought the song Prince wrote for Sinead O'Connor, "Nothing Compares to You" is still one of the best 'baby come back' ballands in the rock canon.

Country, huh? How about this: real Texas swing from Lyle Lovett and His Large Band. This regional beauty is called "That's Right, You're Not From Texas" and it's a classic. There are a bunch of live concert vids out there, but I always liked this studio version.

For a wild country treat, try the Dixie Dregs killer rip through the classic "Wabash Cannonball". It's called "The Bash", and has that great foot stompin' country vibe that only comes from native players.

Pop? Did you ever hear the last, unreleased song by ABBA called "I Am the City"? It was only finally included on their second Best Of album called "More ABBA Gold".

This should hold you for a bit, but I know tons more so if you need it, just ask again!

:)