Camera SONY a6000 Mirrorless

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss body camera model specified in the topic.

Steph

Mar 29, 2020
I want to know from those who own this sonny a6000 camera, mostly want to take with it wildlife, macro and maybe some landscape. My main camera is 6d, but want to try something different, and I heard that sony mirrorless are very good cameras.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi. As far I know and checked, that should be ok camera, I'm not a sony user, but I would like to buy one in future.
Here's what I found regarding the camera:

24.3 megapixels
APS-C / 23.5 x 15.6 mm CMOS sensor
Built-in WiFi / NFC
3" tiltable LCD screen
11 fps in continuous shooting mode

Karl

Mar 16, 2020
I have never tried a Sony camera. But Some of my friends who own the camera said to me that’s isn’t bad at all. And you can attach your canon lenses to it, without spending money again on new lenses , which is good.

KimStewartPhotography

Apr 12, 2020
I want to know from those who own this sonny a6000 camera, mostly want to take with it wildlife, macro and maybe some landscape. My main camera is 6d, but want to try something different, and I heard that sony mirrorless are very good cameras.
If you are looking for a Sony APS-C think about the a6600. It has better focusing and has in built stabilisation (like vibration reduction). This helps when hand holding the camera.

Reactions: Steph and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
If you are looking for a Sony APS-C think about the a6600. It has better focusing and has in built stabilisation (like vibration reduction). This helps when hand holding the camera.

i have never tried a Sony camera, mostly using my 7d m2. How is shooting with Sony ? Any big difference in image quality?

KimStewartPhotography

Apr 12, 2020
Not really sure if the quality is any better. Quality will depend on the quality of the lens, your technique and skill. Using mirror less cameras however makes the photographic experience easier. Having the viewfinder and screen reflect what you see is what you get, exposure, composition and depth of field makes getting that special shot easier. If budget is your issue, i would suggest you stay with canon and invest in high quality glass.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Not really sure if the quality is any better. Quality will depend on the quality of the lens, your technique and skill. Using mirror less cameras however makes the photographic experience easier. Having the viewfinder and screen reflect what you see is what you get, exposure, composition and depth of field makes getting that special shot easier. If budget is your issue, i would suggest you stay with canon and invest in high quality glass.

I have some premium lenses from canon. And I was thinking to switch to Sony, but wasn't sure if its worth it, and idk how is the ecosystem as well.