Camera SONY a6000 Mirrorless

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss body camera model specified in the topic.

KimStewartPhotography

Apr 12, 2020
Using non Sony lenses via an adaptor will work but in my experience, they are not as good as the lenses designed for the body. Canon lenses are compatible on Sony bodies but you must have an adaptor. There are a lot of YouTube clips on the subject.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Using non Sony lenses via an adaptor will work but in my experience, they are not as good as the lenses designed for the body. Canon lenses are compatible on Sony bodies but you must have an adaptor. There are a lot of YouTube clips on the subject.

If I will get a sony camera and using my Canon L lenses on it, would quality will be the same? I heard that you are loosing from image quality , but idk if it's true.

KimStewartPhotography

Apr 12, 2020
I’ve never used Canon lenses but have uses the Nikon 105 micro lens on my Sony a7ii. Admittedly this is a full frame camera, but the results were great. I used an adaptor but at that time adaptors for Nikon to Sony we’re not good but in this case, I was using manual focus. I believe the Canon to Sony adaptors allow communication between camera and lens and the auto focus and aperture control works great.

KimStewartPhotography

Apr 12, 2020
The beauty of mirrorless cameras is that you will see what you will take because the viewfinder shows the image straight off the sensor. DSLR reflects the image via a mirror, then the mirror flips up to expose the sensor.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The beauty of mirrorless cameras is that you will see what you will take because the viewfinder shows the image straight off the sensor. DSLR reflects the image via a mirror, then the mirror flips up to expose the sensor.

Yeah I know, I have a small mirrorless camera myself , and it’s very easy and useful to seethe exact picture will be after you click the button. The only think which I don’t like , is the battery life.

I really thinking to try a Sony camera, but I will need an adapter too as well, which is again money spending.