Sony a6400 problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I have a Sony a6400 which i bought new in December 2020. Up till a few weeks ago it worked fine. But then it started to have a small problem. When i want to view back photos on the lcd screen it sometimes opens the photo and straight away closes it again. I then have to try several times before the photo stays open and i can view it.

I already did a factory reset of the camera and new sd cards. This helped for a week or 2 and now the problem is back since yesterday evening.

Anyone had an idea what it might be before i send the camera in for repair, which would mean having no camera for 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: Jack and lovitazoe

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I'm sorry, but I don't know the problem, I guess it's a software bug or maybe something with the card. I'm more an optics guy... I recommend a support ticket with Sony or a bit of internet research, maybe somebody else had this problem as well.
I went back to the store i bought the camera from and it has been send in to check it and if needed repair it. Down side to this is that it takes 6-8 weeks before i will get it back. And then hope the problem will be fixed.

Reactions: Guest 1699

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Update: I mailed the shop last Thursday to ask them about the repair. Got a reaction just a few minutes ago. The camera is still at the Sony service center, but due to problems with getting the needed parts for repairing the camera they cannot say when it will be repaired, so no date on when i would have it back.

The shop mailed me that they find this unacceptable and they will send me a new camera which i should receive tomorrow. Brand new and with a new 2 year warranty.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Update: I mailed the shop last Thursday to ask them about the repair. Got a reaction just a few minutes ago. The camera is still at the Sony service center, but due to problems with getting the needed parts for repairing the camera they cannot say when it will be repaired, so no date on when i would have it back.

The shop mailed me that they find this unacceptable and they will send me a new camera which i should receive tomorrow. Brand new and with a new 2 year warranty.
Hehe. I think you are very happy to get brand new camera now.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I bought it at a Dutch camera shop. I brought it back on June 11, was a 75km round trip. They send it to their own repair department and then send it to the Sony service center.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I bought it at a Dutch camera shop. I brought it back on June 11, was a 75km round trip. They send it to their own repair department and then send it to the Sony service center.
That's sound a bit unprofessional, they couldn't fix it and tried to do through Sony and still charge money.

Status
Not open for further replies.