Sony Vs Canon ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
How you’d compare Sony cameras vs Canon ?
Seems there is a big battle between this 2 big brands. A lot of people says that Sony is the best, and others says Canon is the best?

My opinion is , the best camera is the one which you used to it.

how about your opinion ?

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
Like I said before, I use Sony. The moment I bought my A6000 it was (if you can believe the reviews) a good choise.
But I think every brand has very good camera's. There is no brand who can afford to create camera's without good quality. It's a game and war which can't be won since every few months there are new camera's

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Like I said before, I use Sony. The moment I bought my A6000 it was (if you can believe the reviews) a good choise.
But I think every brand has very good camera's. There is no brand who can afford to create camera's without good quality. It's a game and war which can't be won since every few months there are new camera's

Highly agree, sometimes I see videos on YouTube with those guys, that says buy Sony because is better than others brands or buy that brand because it’s better. And I’m thinking, what you are talking about, it’s not about camera, it’s about person behind it.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Depends on what you need. To compare Canon with Sony is as to compare apples with pears. Canon had a time where they made some failures during their technology road map which Sony could use to promote their cameras.

Sony is really good in the meantime. Especially the A7 mark III. But it depends on what you need. Sony e.g. has no internal focus bracketing feature. Canon uses it at least for their latest models. Maybe it's also important to know, that the Sony has an internal stabilizer for a lot of cameras and therefor Sony lenses are often sold without it.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Depends on what you need. To compare Canon with Sony is as to compare apples with pears. Canon had a time where they made some failures during their technology road map which Sony could use to promote their cameras.

Sony is really good in the meantime. Especially the A7 mark III. But it depends on what you need. Sony e.g. has no internal focus bracketing feature. Canon uses it at least for their latest models. Maybe it's also important to know, that the Sony has an internal stabilizer for a lot of cameras and therefor Sony lenses are often sold without it.

I have never tried Sony before, so I can’t say much, I’m really happy with canon, but I think the Sony makes good steps into mirrorless cameras, that’s why a lot of photographers are choosing them in my opinion. Old school dsrl are pretty much not enjoyable anymore for young generation. It’s bulky and heavy too.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
😂😄, if I would like to need to change Olympus for different brands.. probably it would be Fujifilm 🤩, this cameras designing make me crazy! And intelligent settings.. although would need to change all equipments same 😂.
Panasonic would be much easier as I could run with same lenses .. but I don't know why, I don't like this brand so much. 🤭
But I think not Nickon or Canon for me, too much popular 🤭😂, and the cameras haven't so nicely looking desines...- I like cameras with good design .. that make me crazy..and lenses same 🤩😂. I just women crazy with photography 😂😂
Sony .. maybe no more for me...

But hope to say with Olympus, so far as I can 🤩😁🙏💗 and continue Photography journey together 🤩🙏