Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Want critique 

Spider in dew-filled web

Taken a few weeks ago when we had a cool morning. These are three pictures of Florinda coccinea spiders, female.
6.5x magnification
Anywhere between 150-175 images if memory serves me right, stacked in Helicon. 8 minutes total time for focus bracketing, stacking, editing.
Which image do you prefer and why?

Olympus EM1 Mark 2 camera
Olympus MC-14 teleconverter
Pixco 16mm extension tube modified
Olympus 60mm ZUIKO macro lens
Raynox 202 or 250 depending on the shot
focus bracket mode 1/10
iso100, f5.6

florinda 1.JPG
spider circle hole.JPG florinda 2.JPG

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Not sure if I can until I reach a certain post total

we will see if I get there....

It's 50 posts, basically you can achieve that easily by commenting, posting. I think very easy to achieve.

Regarding your images, I really like the second one, however I would say that al of them needs a bit of brightness.

Also, they all sharp, and subject well in focus. And yes, don't forget to enter for Media of month definitely.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
hello 1of1Images 1of1Images , all are beautiful, beautiful capturing, the spider and water drops on the web, fantastic work for me :geek: :love: :love:
and I see , our Olympus users is already much more here ;) :D
and hope you will enjoy the forum and stay active with us ;)
we need to more active Americans here ;) :geek:

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Mhh... hard choice... I would say that I like the third one the most and then the second one. Why?

The water drops based on your chosen perspective looks like crystal balls which are suspended from a ceiling.
Each one has it's own reflection which makes this picture so **** awesome!

The second one is sharper in total than the third one but has not such a fantastic perspective.

I noticed some gaps in your stack which you can improve:

1603223549155.png

1603223714233.png

1603223771500.png

I'm using Helicon Focus as well and render my stacks three times. As A (radius ~20 for such magnifications), B (R20 as well) and C.
After that I retouch possible failures and open all saved files again without removing the old outputs.

The last step is to render a new stack of all three old outputs and use the advantage of each render model for my final picture.

A for a smooth background, B for the general textures and C only to remove the halos from A & B.

Hope this will help you.

Best regards,
Jörg

Reactions: 1of1Images

1of1Images

Oct 20, 2020
Mhh... hard choice... I would say that I like the third one the most and then the second one. Why?

The water drops based on your chosen perspective looks like crystal balls which are suspended from a ceiling.
Each one has it's own reflection which makes this picture so **** awesome!

The second one is sharper in total than the third one but has not such a fantastic perspective.

I noticed some gaps in your stack which you can improve:

View attachment 8934

View attachment 8935

View attachment 8936

I'm using Helicon Focus as well and render my stacks three times. As A (radius ~20 for such magnifications), B (R20 as well) and C.
After that I retouch possible failures and open all saved files again without removing the old outputs.

The last step is to render a new stack of all three old outputs and use the advantage of each render model for my final picture.

A for a smooth background, B for the general textures and C only to remove the halos from A & B.

Hope this will help you.

Best regards,
Jörg
I need to understand better for using all three
methods in Helicon
I usually only use C

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Very good picture ! I really like the drops ! And the spider too ^^ great job

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I need to understand better for using all three
methods in Helicon
I usually only use C
You should test it! A and B are very similar but A provides a smoother result than B. Both have those corona artefacts at overlapping items. C can correct this but has mostly too strong contrasts and has problems with bright areas. Have a look for fading fore- and background. E.g. if there's a blade of grass before a white mishroom. Sometimes the grass blade looks a bit transparent if you use C. So test all three models on the same picture and check the differences.

Reactions: 1of1Images