Want critique St. Paul Cathedral Coin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Canon M50
Canon 100mm f2.8 L IS
f16
1/200
ISO 200

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
It was more brighter, and had to drop down the highlight, and to play with exposure to achieve this results. I will try again with other coins.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
St. Paul Cathedral Coins , how many of you seen Cathedral from London?

View attachment 5727

Is the cathedral still there? I never seen or heard about . . I thought about something from another country when read the title 🤭
I just know too less about London 🤭

Jack Jack, you can try to reduce the highlights, and get more texture, the picture could be better 🤑😉- in my opinion 🙃

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Is the cathedral still there? I never seen or heard about . . I thought about something from another country when read the title 🤭
I just know too less about London 🤭

Jack Jack, you can try to reduce the highlights, and get more texture, the picture could be better 🤑😉- in my opinion 🙃

Thanks nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo , yes there is St. Paul Cathedral in London. I very touristic place .

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Do you know, when i was young , my classroom and me gone to london for 4 days. the last day, teachers gave us free time, so my friends decided to go on shops. Me, i saw a group of persons, i decided to see why there is many people. I discuss with an old lady, and I told her why so many people, she told :"The queen may pass here wit her car". Ok , i don't know why people want to see that ... And, a great car arrived, stop in front of me, and ... who go out of the car , 1 meter front of me ? THE QUEEN ! OMG so lucky i'm ^^

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Nice shot indeed and these coins are wonderful; not an easy task to sublimate the beauty of copper, or metal in general.
the framing is quite narrow, I would have probably taken a wider framing ; and also the background - what was it? like velvet? we can see every detail of that background as it's black🙃
but again really nice shot!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Nice shot indeed and these coins are wonderful; not an easy task to sublimate the beauty of copper, or metal in general.
the framing is quite narrow, I would have probably taken a wider framing ; and also the background - what was it? like velvet? we can see every detail of that background as it's black🙃
but again really nice shot!

morning Yohanna_D Yohanna_D , thanks a lot for your comment. Regarding background, I use the surface from pandora box, which hold jeweller:D . i don’t have yet a proper box for shooting products :D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
morning Yohanna_D Yohanna_D , thanks a lot for your comment. Regarding background, I use the surface from pandora box, which hold jeweller:D . i don’t have yet a proper box for shooting products :D
YES, I know that pouch, I have some jewels too from that brand; so it's made of velvet; pay attention to that texture as it catches a lot of small particles and sometimes in photography they are not that good looking; a simple cotton fabric (well ironed) will do perfect (in my opinion) - less risk to have these particles. 🙃 😁