Stacking rail

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
D

Deleted member 250

Hi @Christophe Berche I built my own rail a few years ago but I now mostly use digiCam control software.
My camera is tethered to my computer and I can control as many focus steps and in whatever incements I choose. It works for Nikon, Canon and Sony cameras and it`s free :)

D

Deleted member 310

Hi @Christophe Berche I built my own rail a few years ago but I now mostly use digiCam control software.
My camera is tethered to my computer and I can control as many focus steps and in whatever incements I choose. It works for Nikon, Canon and Sony cameras and it`s free :)

Hi @Bill Edwards

I checked the software on you tube, but your rail is perfect for the studio, but in outdoor it is not possible ;), I am more looking for a rail for outdoor

Rene Rufer

May 21, 2020
It’s a question of philosophy? I have not yet used my rail macro equipment. it has the advantage of changing perspective by varying the model/sensor distance. it is OK for great focal distances. I prefer to work with changing focus, that gives me good results. The perspective rests consistent. Have a look in following external link: https://www.photigy.com/school/the-...king-macro-focusing-rails-vs-focus-variation/
I works with canon 80D without focus bracketing. For this reason, 1 bought a helicon tube including software. I'm very satisfied.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi @Christophe Berche , I’m using this one

Neewer Pro 4-Way Macro Focusing Focus Rail Slider/Close-Up Shooting for Canon Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Samsung and Other Digital SLR Camera and DC with Standard 1/4-Inch Screw Hole
and it’s pretty good and solid

D

Deleted member 310

It’s a question of philosophy? I have not yet used my rail macro equipment. it has the advantage of changing perspective by varying the model/sensor distance. it is OK for great focal distances. I prefer to work with changing focus, that gives me good results. The perspective rests consistent. Have a look in following external link: https://www.photigy.com/school/the-...king-macro-focusing-rails-vs-focus-variation/
I works with canon 80D without focus bracketing. For this reason, 1 bought a helicon tube including software. I'm very satisfied.

Hi Rene Rufer Rene Rufer

Thank you for your explanation and the link, I will look at the hotel tomorrow during my business trip

Reactions: Natalie

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I fully agree to Rene Rufer Rene Rufer. I was thinking about buying the Helicon ring but decided to buy the EOS 90D. The Helicon tube is easy to handle and can be preprogrammed by using a simple IR signal. Or you can use DSLR controller from Android. But for this you need an USB OTG cable or Wifi (which I haven't used because my old 700D doens't support WiFi).

But to get back to your topic... unfortunately I don't know any macro rail that was really designed for outdoor use. Especially because of the power supply.