Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Sticky tape refraction

Hi,

I used clear packing sticky tape which i taped between 2 glasses and then sprayed the tape with a fine mist spray bottle, underneath the tape I placed an orange gerbera, lit the flower with a small LED light and shot this. Shooting with tape was a good experience but I prefer glass as it needs less cleanup in post getting rid of debris and other things that may stick to the tape, you can still see some in the final image. Stacked image of 24 shots. Enjoy šŸ˜€

2021-11-27 16-40-40 (C,Smoothing4)-Edit-Edit.jpg

EXIF
Sony a7iii, Laowa 100mm macro lens, ISO 100, f/4, 1/40 sec, macrorail, tripod

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Try to place the subject between crossed polarizing filters (one attached to the lens, the other behind the subject) to see if something different appears...
I've tried cross polarisation on crystals and plastics but never on droplets, would be a cool experiment, thanks for the suggestion šŸ‘

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi,

I used clear packing sticky tape which i taped between 2 glasses and then sprayed the tape with a fine mist spray bottle, underneath the tape I placed an orange gerbera, lit the flower with a small LED light and shot this. Shooting with tape was a good experience but I prefer glass as it needs less cleanup in post getting rid of debris and other things that may stick to the tape, you can still see some in the final image. Stacked image of 24 shots. Enjoy šŸ˜€

View attachment 20528

It's very beautiful work šŸ¤©

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter