Super macro ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi !
I actually get the sigma 105 2.8 macro, but i saw many people with a raynox 250.

What can it give if I buy Raynox 250 with my sigma 105 mm 2.8 ?

I actually have 3 extention tubes but i lost too many light ...

Solution
Hello.
The best way to calculate magnification is by taking a picture of a rule, then divide the amount of mm by the horizontal size of your sensor. If you use Raynox, and a macro lens, be sure not go more than f/9 or f/11, otherwise you could have diffraction problems causing a degrading in image quality. To avoid shake, use a flash with a diffuser (the bigger diffuser is, the better) and 1/125 or more as speed, freezing the subject.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi !
I actually get the sigma 105 2.8 macro, but i saw many people with a raynox 250.

What can it give if I buy Raynox 250 with my sigma 105 mm 2.8 ?

I actually have 3 extention tubes but i lost too many light ...
I've the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM and use the Raynox lens frpm time to time. The handling is not easy because of the limited DOF and the high magnification (I read about 2:1). So each shaking or wind blow becomes a problem and it's a challenge if you want to avoid focus bracketing. But it's possible! I posted some insects examples here in the forum.

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
Hello.
The best way to calculate magnification is by taking a picture of a rule, then divide the amount of mm by the horizontal size of your sensor. If you use Raynox, and a macro lens, be sure not go more than f/9 or f/11, otherwise you could have diffraction problems causing a degrading in image quality. To avoid shake, use a flash with a diffuser (the bigger diffuser is, the better) and 1/125 or more as speed, freezing the subject.

Reactions: Karl, Jack and Greg
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.