Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony a7iii, Loawa 100mm f 2.8 x2 macro lens, ISO 100, 1/160 sec, f/16, flash & diffuser

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

I have posted this little spider before, it is my favourite peacock spider species I have found so far. I find these at a wetland reserve not too far from where I live in Melbourne. They like to live near a type of coastal succulent which has bright flowers and attracts many insects, these are its hunting grounds, in this particular photo it seems it has made a meal of a mosquito. I have still to capture this species dancing, hoping I can capture it before the end of spring here in Oz.

DSC03195.jpg

Anitairl

Oct 20, 2021
Amazing picture.. I love ti se how much variants of jumper spiders are out there. You are really lucky to live in a place like that, where you can find lots of lovely colourful jumpers

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020

Mich1210

Oct 30, 2021
Hi,

I have posted this little spider before, it is my favourite peacock spider species I have found so far. I find these at a wetland reserve not too far from where I live in Melbourne. They like to live near a type of coastal succulent which has bright flowers and attracts many insects, these are its hunting grounds, in this particular photo it seems it has made a meal of a mosquito. I have still to capture this species dancing, hoping I can capture it before the end of spring here in Oz.

View attachment 19684
Omg look at the colours on that beast. Amazing.

Reactions: Chavezshutter