Your opinion? The Ant's Eye.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
1) SUBJECT: The Ant's Eye
2) MAGNIFICATION: 32x
2) CAMERA: Canon EOS 80D
3) LENS: LMPlan 20x/0.4
4) OTHER: DIY Macro Rig, Bellows, Manual Rail
5) SETTINGS: ISO 100, 1/8 sec
6) STACKING: 82 frames / 4μm step / Helicon Focus / PS
7) LIGHTING: Continuous LED-Light 5500K + Diffuser

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I never saw an eye of an ant with such a magnification! :oops:
Interesting to see that the eyes looks more or less like an eye from a fly but the facetts are round. And look at these intersting structures on the exoskeleton! Amazing Microworld Explorer Microworld Explorer

There is only a bit of overexposure on the upper part of the eye from the LED diffusor. But that's just a little detail which don't affects the image quality.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Your stacking technique is very professional Microworld Explorer Microworld Explorer . Is so interesting to the subject so close , you can see things which you won’t be able to see daily .

Microworld Explorer

Jun 27, 2020
Your stacking technique is very professional Microworld Explorer Microworld Explorer . Is so interesting to the subject so close , you can see things which you won’t be able to see daily .
Thank you, Jack Jack ! Exactly! Because of that I love macro photography, especially extreme macro. It lets you see the things you would never see daily. And most people even don't know how amazing world is around them.

• Italian Face
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you, Jack Jack ! Exactly! Because of that I love macro photography, especially extreme macro. It lets you see the things you would never see daily. And most people even don't know how amazing world is around them.

That's so true, and that's the reason why I been build this community, to bring together all macro photographers, unfortunately I found it hard, as a lot are focused on Facebook.

Here is down to the photographer's eye to see perspectives and to make unique composition, I think for macro photographers this can be easily achieved as macro world is a different level of photography with more options to achieve exactly what you wish.