Want critique Thorns before roses

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
1/320s, f/2,8, ISO 200, Olympus 60mm macro, Olympus E-M1 Mark II

Bjornar

Jun 1, 2020
Bjornar great stacking result... sharp as a knife without any visible halos! Really good.
The subject itself is not really interesting so I focus on the technique which is really good.
Thanks for your kind words. I use Photoshop for the aligning and blending process. In most cases I avoid halos that way. Better than using the in-camera process. If I still get halos, they can easily be brushed away.

Reactions: Karl and Natalie

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I tried it too with PS, but it fails for complex situations with overlapping levels like a leaf above a bug.
Working with a mask for 100 pictures is not really funny. So I decided to render my stacks in Helicon Focus with all three versions (A, B and C). Afterwards I load all three rendered stacks again in Helicon and combine all advantages of each stack to one picture. At the end I use PS for fine tuning... high ass sharpening, highlight / shadows, noise reduction, maybe Orton effect and so on.

Reactions: Karl and Natalie
D

Deleted member 310

Not convinced by texture and color
Texture looks like plastic

Reactions: Karl
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…