Closed Theme Toys & in House

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The Photo Theme is closed for entries and commenting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I took this pictures a couple years ago so I can't show you but I can tell you how I did it. Put a 4 gallon fish tank on edge of a table with black background. Set your camera on a tripod with a wired trigger in front of the glass looking up at the surface of water. Wireless flash off to the side and then just drop the toy in water over and over until you get the shots you like. This works best with plastic or rubber toys. Metal toys will sink to fast. Also have a water pump running in the tank. The small air bubbles will look like stars.

Ohh. Thanks for this short guide. By the way, you can create it in resources page, so it doesn't get lost in posts. If you have time.

NotmeyouFOOL

Nov 3, 2020
Ohh. Thanks for this short guide. By the way, you can create it in resources page, so it doesn't get lost in posts. If you have time.
Sorry but I don't know what you mean by a "resource page".

Wait, never mind. I'm still getting use to this site's layout. Found it. I'll set up my fish tank this weekend and make a post. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Sorry but I don't know what you mean by a "resource page".

Wait, never mind. I'm still getting use to this site's layout. Found it. I'll set up my fish tank this weekend and make a post. Thanks for the info.

It’s take a bit of time to get used to it NotmeyouFOOL NotmeyouFOOL . Here is resources page

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
A match. (BTW, what is the maximum size allowed on here for file uploads? I keep getting errors like "The uploaded file is too large." and I need to resize my photos to be able to upload them.)

View attachment 9658

The maximum size for uploading the photo is 5mb. Regarding your photo, looks good. A bit blur, what was your settings ?

G

Guest 1012

Exposure Time: 1/250
Flash: On, fired
Photographic Sensitivity (ISO): 1.600
I don't know the aperture value, probably 8. It was shot with a fully manual lens. The blur is from the DOF and I kind of like it.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Exposure Time: 1/250
Flash: On, fired
Photographic Sensitivity (ISO): 1.600
I don't know the aperture value, probably 8. It was shot with a fully manual lens. The blur is from the DOF and I kind of like it.

Thanks for details. I like the lens flare effects when shooting around f2.8 or below, usually with a pancake lens

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That's pretty low considering my phone takes photos bigger than 5mb.
I know. I try to maintain server resources and ensuring that they are used efficiently.
Anyway, today we have some ice on a glass. I'm in isolation so I'll start posting more pictures with objects found in house and old photos.

Shooting ice seems pretty interesting. Someone said that if you boil water and you put it in the freezer you will get very clear ice. Never tried 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.