Your opinion? Twinkle Eyes - Australian Garden Wolf Spider (Tasmanicosa godeffroyi)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony A7iii, Sony 90mm FE Macro lens, ISO 400, f/10, 1/125 sec, flash, handheld

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Another spider from the Grampians. This spider was one of the first things I managed to shoot while at the Grampians, after arriving and unpacking it was evening, cicadas were singing and I was not going to let the first night at this place go to waste.

I had already been doing some night macro back at home ( I will post about night macro later) so I got my camera, some headlights and torches and headed out, I had taken less than 10 steps when I noticed a twinkle coming from under a mound of branches just near my cabin, a set of eyes were reflecting back the torch light I was using, they were at least 7 meters away from me but they were bright and big enough to get my attention.

I found this beautiful spider. I will be the first to admit its not as adorable as a jumping spider but I still love its colouring and sleek shape. This spider was about the size of an adult hand. They are the size of a tarantula but move as fast as a huntsman(pretty damn fast). They are not aggressive and their bite is poisonous but not lethal.

DSC03793.jpg

DSC03795-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I know similar spiders from Germany which are really huge and scary. I would change the framing of both pictures because the spider on the first picture is too far below and on the second picture it's placed to central.