Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Canon EOS M100 • EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM • ƒ/4.0 28.0 mm 1/60 1250 Flash (off, did not fire)

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Cool fungus. I would personally decrease the highlights a bit and burn the background, maybe increase the saturation of the light yellows al little bit.

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek beautiful fungus, background is good, good colour contrast but I'm unsure on the sharpness and detail and that includs DOF. All the edit tips mentioned by Baenki Baenki are on point and I would for sure use those on the image but i also believe you can get a better photo right out of a camera but before I say anything about that let me ask you 2 things:

1. What was your working distance to the fungus?, this distance would be the distance between the fungus and your sensor inside your camera body, not the end of your lens as many people incorrectly assume ( measured from the focal plane mark download.png on the camera body )
  2. Did you intend a shallow DOF for this photo or was it simply a matter of low light not allowing to increase fstop? I see you were at a high ISO and shutter speed was as low as you can for handheld

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Did you intend a shallow DOF for this photo or was it simply a matter of low light not allowing to increase fstop? I see you were at a high ISO and shutter speed was as low as you can for handheld
I think so Chavezshutter Chavezshutter because I know this from my own experiences. There often low light in the forest and Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek doens't stack his pictures. And I think he uses no tripod at all don't you? So either you should use a tripod or maybe you can try to use focus stacking.

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek