Venus KX-800 Twin Flash

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizardinvestor

Feb 7, 2021
Anyone experience this flash? Sounds pretty good based on the video? What do you think is worth buying?

My budget for flash is € 300

Suggest a good flash for me! :)

Reactions: Jack
Solution
Hi Wizardinvestor Wizardinvestor :)

This flash has a good reputation with a lot of macro photographers. I did a little research into this flash a while back: The main thing that I like is that unlike regular flashes your are able to offset the angle at which the flashes hit the subject, i would never light a subject from the same angle as my camera in other photo styles so i think this a great way to light up a macro subject. My one reservation is that I have seen reports that those flexible arms are not as durable as some expected so they have to be treated carefully. I have no personal experience with the flash myself this is just information I have found online so your experience may vary.

MinitecaPhotographie

Forum Mentor
Mentor
3 3 1
May 9, 2020
Anyone experience this flash? Sounds pretty good based on the video? What do you think is worth buying?

My budget for flash is € 300

Suggest a good flash for me! :)

I know some macrophotographers who've got this flash (sold by many sellers like Venus Optics) and it's a really good flash. Thomas Shahan is a god of macrophotography and he uses this flash all the time.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi Wizardinvestor Wizardinvestor :)

This flash has a good reputation with a lot of macro photographers. I did a little research into this flash a while back: The main thing that I like is that unlike regular flashes your are able to offset the angle at which the flashes hit the subject, i would never light a subject from the same angle as my camera in other photo styles so i think this a great way to light up a macro subject. My one reservation is that I have seen reports that those flexible arms are not as durable as some expected so they have to be treated carefully. I have no personal experience with the flash myself this is just information I have found online so your experience may vary.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.