Your opinion? Water Drop Photography...a passion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I've been practicing water drop photography for over a year now. The action of drop meeting drop happens so quickly that it is very hard to see it with the naked eye. Freezing the motion with flash really is a startling and wonderful thing to see. I Started with a simple sandwich bag hanging with a hole in it and a "catch" bowl below to create a jet to meet the next drop.
I've since moved up to equipment that drops them in sequence, and a unit from below shoots drops upward. The color added to the colliding drops make very beautiful shapes and "splashes".
These are from my most recent sit down with the system.
I used Nikon D7100, 50mm lens very close to the action, and the settings for shutter are manual, flash is controlled by a controller for the drop system. It's difficult to get alignment and timing of the flash/shutter correct. Takes a lot of practice and time...and frustration. LOL
Water drop July 10-.jpg Water drop 2 July 10-.jpg Water drops 3 glassy July 10-.jpg Water drops 3 glassy July 10--2.jpg Water drops 3 glassy July 10--3.jpg

Last edited:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I really like these results Tina Boes Tina Boes . Would you be able to share some tutorials how you made these beautiful photos?

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Holy cow! That are fantastic shots! Each one is unique and just wonderful! The colors of the water and the sharpness are just magnificent!