Your opinion? Water drop splashes more elaborate system

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I am still in process of finding the set up photos I have for my water drop system. The following drop splash photos were done with the more elaborate set up using multiple liquid containers and valves for controlled timing and size of drops coming from above and one that shoots upward from below using controlled air pressure through a valve.
All are taken with the Nikon D7100, 50mm lens as close as I can get without splashing my lens. The room is dark, and the whole set up has a plastic tent around it, including protecting the ceiling (Which is a must!) This art form is not for people who don't like messes. LOL Flash is set to go off when camera shutter opens. The controller system for this set up is called "MJKZZ". You can find it online through a google search to get an idea of what it is. I don't want to post too many, and it is soooo hard to choose just a few.....

Multi Color-.jpg Baby's got the Blues--3.jpg new setup 2--2.jpg Multi Color and Milk--3.jpg New Dress-.jpg Breezey-.jpg Colors Framed-.jpg

Yohanna_D

Forum Mentor
Mentor
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
I am mesemerized by these wonderful shots and truth be told, I would not be able to chose one of these as the fave one; they are gorgeous!!!! the hazard does it so well (as the French would say). Really awesome shots!!!
View attachment 18186

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    855.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Love
Reactions: Tina Boes

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Just mind blowing and stunning! You've for sure an own room for all this equipment, haven't you? I would really like to see a picture of it to understand what it means to take such shots. It's unbelievable how precise the timing must be to control the water drops from above and below and to let them collide directly in front of your lens and to take the picture with the flash in just exactly this moment!

• Love

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
oh god it's wonderfull ! This is so hard to get that result ! I follow some photographers who makes this kind of pictures, they have some particulars stuff to get that kind of pictures. impressive

• Love

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Just mind blowing and stunning! You've for sure an own room for all this equipment, haven't you? I would really like to see a picture of it to understand what it means to take such shots. It's unbelievable how precise the timing must be to control the water drops from above and below and to let them collide directly in front of your lens and to take the picture with the flash in just exactly this moment!
Thank you Helix. :) I do have a dedicated spare bedroom just for this water drop system. I had things set up in my garage, but because it is not heated it proved too difficult to try to maintain a working temperature here where I live.
The timing has to be so exact, as well as the alignment of the drops from the top to meet the one from below. Even one width of a hair off can make a difference. LOL
The camera and lens have to be protected, I have a plastic cover made just for this and use a lens hood. Even with that, I wind up with stray drops hitting the lens now and then. Proper cleaning during and after every session is a must.
I'm going to take some photos of the set up this weekend, and will do a short example video with my phone using the slow motion. Hopefully it's okay to upload a short video here?

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Here are a couple of photos of my current set up without the tripod and camera set up. I will get more detailed photos and explanation of equipment when I do a basic tutorial soon. This is a spare bedroom. The enclosure (including the top to protect the ceiling) for the drop set up is plastic sheeting on a cheap canopy bed frame that is about 10 feet x 6 feet. The floor is also covered with the plastic, for very good reason. Remember what I said....if you don't like messes, this is not the art form for you. LOL

Attachments

• Drop set up 2 photos-103119.jpg
    Drop set up 2 photos-103119.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Drop set up 2 photos-103451.jpg
    Drop set up 2 photos-103451.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Wow
Reactions: Jack and Greg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Here are a couple of photos of my current set up without the tripod and camera set up. I will get more detailed photos and explanation of equipment when I do a basic tutorial soon. This is a spare bedroom. The enclosure (including the top to protect the ceiling) for the drop set up is plastic sheeting on a cheap canopy bed frame that is about 10 feet x 6 feet. The floor is also covered with the plastic, for very good reason. Remember what I said....if you don't like messes, this is not the art form for you. LOL
Stunning, you can share that studio here Tina Boes Tina Boes