Watermark

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
After i reinstalled my laptop i found out that my lightroom didn't have the watermark i used saved, was just a simple text based one. So i needed a new one. I spent the day on how to create watermarks and turning them into brushes and png files and how to apply them. Still rubish at it, but kept me off the street today.

I use lightroom and photoshop. It made me think when should i add the watermark? When exporting the photo from lightroom as jpeg or in photoshop? Or do you use another program just for the watermark?

Reactions: Jack

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I have used watermarks for when I have made photos for a customer and I want to show them possible candidates for a final, edited shot. I used Photoshop and turned my watermark into a brush, saved the brush and now I can add it from there whenever I need it. If you plan to use your watermark more often and prefer to do most of your editing via Lightroom then it makes sense to have it within Lightroom and add watermark when exporting from there. Whether you need to adjust things like size, location, opacity for a watermark in Lightroom will depend on the photo, but once you have all those things set you can save them to a preset and simply keep using the same preset for you photos, only adjusting it for photos that dont suit the old watermark preset and then you save those newly adjusted watermark presets and so on. Eventually you will have enough presets to deal with almost any photo.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I have used watermarks for when I have made photos for a customer and I want to show them possible candidates for a final, edited shot. I used Photoshop and turned my watermark into a brush, saved the brush and now I can add it from there whenever I need it. If you plan to use your watermark more often and prefer to do most of your editing via Lightroom then it makes sense to have it within Lightroom and add watermark when exporting from there. Whether you need to adjust things like size, location, opacity for a watermark in Lightroom will depend on the photo, but once you have all those things set you can save them to a preset and simply keep using the same preset for you photos, only adjusting it for photos that dont suit the old watermark preset and then you save those newly adjusted watermark presets and so on. Eventually you will have enough presets to deal with almost any photo.
How do i know from within lightroom if the watermark i apply is not too large or too small for the photo when it is viewed at full size? I only see a smell preview version of the photo. And maybe i am doing something wrong but i had to keep adjusting opacity for every photo with previous watermark

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
How do i know from within lightroom if the watermark i apply is not too large or too small for the photo when it is viewed at full size? I only see a smell preview version of the photo. And maybe i am doing something wrong but i had to keep adjusting opacity for every photo with previous watermark
The window for the watermarks settings which appears when you choose edit watermark is expandable, grab it by the corner and make it as big as you need, as for opacity, you can go 2 ways, make presets with say 10% increase in opacity for a total of 10 presets and then choose the correct one for your needs or adjust the opacity as needed, let me know how you go šŸ˜€

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I created 3 different ones from the dame font. Saved them as png file and create brush from each one. Made a black and a white version of each of them. I like the top 2 most, can't decide which one to use or that this will be the font i am using, too many fonts to choose from.
These are the ones i have now:
signerica thin TM zwart.jpg

signerica thin zwart close.jpg

signerica thin zwart.jpg

Reactions: Chavezshutter